1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me wina n argument

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Happytab, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just had a heated debate with a colleague who was slagging off all digital music - ipods etc and saying there is no point to them unless you need music on the go - I tried to explain the beniftis of ease of access and minimalism and got shouted down.

She said she liked to have a CD in here hand and by the time you have searched through a menu on a DAP you could have got up and put on a new CD.

Please give me a few points I can throw at her so I can humiliate her in front of everyone :clap:

2. reevesy

reevesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,127
    just pull her skirt down in front of everyone....bound to do the trick.

3. jenufa

jenufa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Why would you want to humilate her in front of other people she is entitled to her own opinion and why do you need other people to give you a few points. If you cannot come up with your own reasons then maybe you should rise above it all. Beacause she has obviously wound you up and you have bitten.

4. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    LOL at Reevesy - but Jenufa needs to lighten up a bit - Obviously the slightly light hearted nature of this post was lost in the way it was written.

She's a friend - I don't really want to humiliate her - I am not a bad person.

BTW thats a strange way to spell Jennifer ?

5. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree! Expose the dandruff on her shoes! he he...

Now for the more serious stuff; Tell her that perhaps she is right, if she was given a DAP, it would probably take her less time to wack a cd on than to find a track. However Digital Audio Players are not designed for the totally technologically inept - so in the right hands it makes for a far more effective instrument than she realizes.

Tell her that you can fit your entire neighbourhood's music collection in the palm of your hand, always at the ready and always at your finger tips.

Tell her with the speed the technology is moving, it is getting cheaper by the day with bigger hard drives being manufactured as we speak, which in turn means your music can be stored at (near peferct) cd quality.

Tell her it has almost no running costs with a built in battery that can easily be recharged like a mobile phone.

Remind her that it is not only for music on the move, but doubles as the ideal juke box that can play endlessly at a party without anybody worrying about cd's getting scratched. It will live in harmony with your personal stereo at home.

Tell her that the 'shuffle' option has many a time pulled an old dusty record out of the cupboard and put a smile on many a listener's face.

Tell her the Sony HD5 has an initial search option, so with 3 button presses and a second or two's worth of scrolling she can find any record ever catalogued.

Hopefully that does it... :)

6. jenufa

jenufa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Happytab gotcha :clap:

7. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Errr in what way exactly? I didn't feel a thing :rolleyes:

8. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,087
    If you've got 20 CDs maybe :D. My partner and I have well over 1000 and we keep them in another room - even alphabetised it can take a while to find what you want.

Now with a music server upstairs and my Netgear MP101s I can find any track on any one of our albums in a matter of a few seconds...or pick a shuffle by artist, shuffle track, playlist etc. etc. My partner can do the same on her docked iPod and play the same album in 3 places at once if we wanted.

I find loading up a CD as tedious as I used to find switching over LPs and cassettes.

9. jenufa

jenufa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    lighten up happytab i was just pulling your leg over your post lol

10. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ok Jen - shall we both lighten up together - sort of a forum fat loss special - although I dont have much to lose being a lanky git to start with.

11. jenufa

jenufa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    :smashin:

12. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: