Help me watch my recorded programs

mateusz1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is there really no way to access my recorded programs on my Sky+ HD box
As I was mowing I cancelled my sky subscription. I’m in the rented accommodation at present possibly for another 2 - 3 months so no point installing sky and as even the freeserve reception is rubbish I thought we can catch up with all the stuff we recorded.
Have full hard drive 98% fill up especially for this time and no way of accessing it.:thumbsup:
Very frustrating :thumbsdow

Any ideas ?

No way without both an active subscription on the card that was in the box when they were recorded and connection to a dish aligned on the correct satellite (28 East). As is clearly stated in the manual an active subscription is required to use any of the PVR facilities and a dish connection is required to confirm the subscription is active on the viewing card. No way round it at all for recordings from any encrypted channel. Recordings from FTA channels can be extracted from the HDD in a PC using free software called extract+.

Thanks
I suspected as much from reading the forums.
Will teach me to read instruction beforehand not after should have recorded on my dvdr.:facepalm:
Idea was to record as much as possible than when we move in to the temporary accomodation we will have time to catch up.
Once I get new house I will have other things to do, there is no way the other half will let me seat in front of the tv for hours.:blush:
Another thing against sky , looks like it’s freesat in the new place. I can understand they position but this is not making for very friendly customer system.:thumbsdow
Will try extract+ most of the stuff is from the free channels

It's a basic fact about Sky+ that it costs £10 a month unless you have a Sky subscription in which case it's free.
In some cases recordings from free channels will play if an expired card is still in the machine, and it's connected to a dish.
Your comment "Another thing against sky , looks like it's freesat in the new place. I can understand they position" is something that I don't understand at all.
Sky and Freesat have nothing to do with each other but they both show the same free channels.

Last edited:
What I meant is that with freesat or any other system if you watch something and you recorded you able to get back to it at any time being in the month or couple of years.
With SKY you have to pay for it.:thumbsdow

OK - I think I've worked out now what that sentence meant.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom