Help me understand archives in Outlook!

motionman

I've been trying to archive some emails and I've had some great help in another thread.

My email client is Outlook (2010) version 14.0.7268.5000 32bit.

I'm still not quite getting it! I have created some .pst files consisting of collections of emails and I want to safely archive them. I think that I have achieved this for some of the .pst files but I'm struggling to do them all as one of them just won't give me the "Outlook data file" that the others have. The archiving system that I have been following is:

Open Outlook > File > Import (The blue and green opposing arrows) > select "Export to a file" > Select "Outlook data file (.pst) > select the Outlook folder that I want to export > Navigate to where I want to save the file on my HDD > Finish

One problem is that I don't understand what Outlook is telling me as I have "Archives" and "Outlook data files" on the left-hand panel. What's the difference? I've managed to create two "Outlook data files" in that panel which contains an inbox with two of the three collections of emails (two past years) but I can't achieve creating a third!

Can anyone tell me if I have safely archived my email? Is this in the "Outlook data file" or should I be able to see them under "Archive".

I'm seriously confused here!

Attachments

• archive [08].jpg
    archive [08].jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 12

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom