help me to choose ...

Ghajar77

Novice Member
Reaction score
hi.
first my English is not good..
I have 2 speakers bookshelf bose 301 .
and i want buy an amp for music in my home.
I am new in sound world . and I have no much money for this. Like 1000$ or more.
I need stereo or integrated amp with Bluetooth or lan/wifi
i choose this amps :
1- marantz pm5005 (i dont know have it bt or no )
2- yamaha a-s301 or s201
3-Yamaha R-N303BL or R-S202BL
4- onkyo a9110
5- Sony STRDH190

I don't know is this amps are ok for my bose 301 or no ?
so if maybe help me .
tnx.

1. No built in Bluetooth or network (Lan/Wi-Fi)
2. No built in Bluetooth or network (Lan/Wi-Fi)
3. Yamaha R-N303BL has both Bluetooth & Network - R-S202BL has only Bluetooth
4. No built in Bluetooth or network (Lan/Wi-Fi)
5. Has Bluetooth but no Network.

Given the quality of streaming via Bluetooth is not as good as via Wi-Fi or LAN I would be wanting something like the Yamaha R-N303. If you could stretch to the R-N602 it would be better still.

If available you could also consider an all in one like the Denon CEOL RCD-N10

I have 2 speakers bookshelf bose 301

You might want to check the condition of the bass speakers. The most recent version of the Bose 301 speaker, series 5, began manufacture in 2002 so could be 18 years old and the foam-rubber surrounds may have rotted by now. Hopefully, your speakers are newer?

Most Bose speakers are efficient (can't find specs for the 301 series 5 though) so can be driven by any amp with around 30W RMS/channel or more.

1. No built in Bluetooth or network (Lan/Wi-Fi)
2. No built in Bluetooth or network (Lan/Wi-Fi)
3. Yamaha R-N303BL has both Bluetooth & Network - R-S202BL has only Bluetooth
4. No built in Bluetooth or network (Lan/Wi-Fi)
5. Has Bluetooth but no Network.

Given the quality of streaming via Bluetooth is not as good as via Wi-Fi or LAN I would be wanting something like the Yamaha R-N303. If you could stretch to the R-N602 it would be better still.

If available you could also consider an all in one like the Denon CEOL RCD-N10
tnx for your answer..
I have Bluetooth receiver sony bm10 .if I connect to this amps sound quality is low ?
if i buy exam yamaha s301 or Marantz pm5005 must i buy other device ?
is yamaha 202bl good choice ?it is lower price ,but i dont know have it good sound quallity ?

You might want to check the condition of the bass speakers. The most recent version of the Bose 301 speaker, series 5, began manufacture in 2002 so could be 18 years old and the foam-rubber surrounds may have rotted by now. Hopefully, your speakers are newer?

Most Bose speakers are efficient (can't find specs for the 301 series 5 though) so can be driven by any amp with around 30W RMS/channel or more.
how can I found bose year manufacture ?
it is bose 301 vspeaker 266115 rev.00

Bluetooth is short range and never as good quality as streaming via WiFi, which has a range as good as your coverage. A amp that supports networking is a better long term solution than a unit without.

which Marantz series have WIFI ?
WIFI for listen music ..

how can I found bose year manufacture ?
it is bose 301 vspeaker 266115 rev.00

I don't know but it doesn't matter - just remove the speakers' covering grills and look at the foam surrounds of the bass drive units to see if they have splits/holes in them or if they have turned to dust. An example:

As you will see, the drive units foam surrounds can be repaired - but hopefully that won't be necessary with your speakers.

if I buy a sonos amp or other with wifi/lan connection can I play music in phone and amp receive it and play ?
my friend have a Marantz sr 4002 and I test it.
I know that is av amp.
are you offer this amp for me or no ?

Last edited:
A Sonos Amp will work with your speakers and is controlled by the Sonos App on your phone. If you are considering other Sonos speakers then this would be a good solution. The disadvantage is you can't really do much without access to your phone, as the Sonos Amp has few controls on the box.

after many search I understand if I want have good sound in my home .I must buy like Marantz pm6006+na6006 or sonos amp+sonos port.
or Denon CEOL RCD-N10 or Yamaha 303
I think with my money Yamaha 303 is ok for me.

The Sonos Amp does not need anything else apart from speakers, it does not need the Port. It supports streaming directly (including AirPlay 2) via the Sonos App. Alternatively, the Denon or Yamaha will provide similar features for less money, but won’t support other Sonos speakers.

Which have best sound quality
Marantz pm 6006
Or sonos amp.

When used with your speakers both will be about the same. The Sonos has more power and a lot more features, so for a one box solution it would be the one I would have, especially if I intended to get more Sonos products.

How about yamaha r-n303bl ?
Is it good ?
It have low price wifi bt

When used with your speakers both will be about the same. The Sonos has more power and a lot more features, so for a one box solution it would be the one I would have, especially if I intended to get more Sonos products.
Sonos have app for mobile and sonos site and app is banned in my country ....

Then go with the R-N303 unless you can afford the R-N602, which has a better amplifier stage. Given your speakers the Denon RCD-N10 is still a good choice, especially if AirPlay 2 is desired.

I have kenwood 7j in my home.
But i want move it to other place so i need an amp for home.
my friend have 2 amps :
1- marantz sr4002 220v used
2- marantz pm4200 110v used
Is this 2 amps good for stereo , i want amp for music only.
I tested Marantz sr4002 with Bluetooth Sony bm10 and sound was bad .
In Kenwood 7j set sound is better.

out of those i would choose the stereo amp

av receivers usually sound poor in stereo mose at the same price

Stereo amp for stereo music. They will almost always outperform a multi channel receiver.

i have 3 option now :
1- marantz sr4002
2- marantz pm 4001 220v
3- marantz pm 4200 110v

i think must buy a rasbery pi or sonos connect for them .
now which is better for bose 301v ?

You could also consider a Yamaha WXA-50, an amplifier which has WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth and a music streaming app, but also has a very good quality DAC onboard for getting the most out of digital music. The metal cased design is small and stylish, and also allows you to connect more Yamaha Musiccast devices to it for multiroom use. I'd prefer this to a Sonos set up as it's more versatile and allows the streaming of hi-res files.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom