Help me to buy a '32' LCD!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by mundzuk, Mar 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. mundzuk

mundzuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Need some help guys.Can't decide what 32 lcd to buy -so many models out there.Technical specifications don't help too much since some lcds with high specs don't have good reviews.
    Or should I wait for a few months till the new range comes out?What is the best choice for my pocket?(up to £900)

Most important things are:
    -price under £900
    -very good picture for tv and dvd viewing (I don't care about gaming or pc)

Please let me know, even if you think that my question is amateurish....:rolleyes:

Cheers,
    M.

2. blakey1

blakey1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    For normal TV and DVD viewing then the SHarp p50e is your best bet. If your thinking of going down the HD route then I would suggest waiting until Sky HD, HD-DVD launches over the next few months so you can judge for yourself.

3. Graham M

Graham M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree
    I just finished setting my system up.
    I reckon, the p50e is one of the best £699 I ever spent.
    The picture through my aerial varies from average to great (depends on signal strength though - mine varies daily)
    Picture quality using DVD (using Scart RGB) is outstanding.
    If I were to be ultra picky, I would say it takes too long for it to change from 1 TV channel to the next, but thats all.

Rgds
    Graham

4. 8472

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you want the very best LCD for DVD an SDTV, as previously stated, there is only one contender - Sharp LC-32P50E :lesson:

5. cirdan

cirdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    ive had the sharp for a week. i bought it mainly for dvd playback as i only watch a little t.v. i connected a very cheap freeview box upto it using scart and the picture is very good. from what id read i expected the picture to be a bit mixed but so far its very good. for those who watch a lot of t.v or have sky etc then it may not look that great but through my eyes its fine.

dvd playback so far is very nice. im trying to change my current dvd player but i did hook it up with some £7 component cables and the picture was very good. at the moment im using a 4 year old tosh with scart and the picture is still very good. overall im very happy, it did take me a few days to get the picture settings right until i found a thread on here.