1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me. Techwood Twp4210

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by crystalfat, Mar 13, 2005.

1. crystalfat

crystalfat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok guys please give me some advice here.
    I pruchased a Techwood Twp4210 today and i am having it delivered on thursday. I was a bit backward and actually read the reviews after i purchased it. What are these like?, i wanna play xbox games and watch dvds on it mainly, but before i take it out of the box i would dearly love some guidance from you.

2. welsh uk

welsh uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Not being funny mate but i wouldnt bother taking it out of the box (it will look better inside the box than out of it)

Every time i have seen one of these in Dixons the picture quality has been abysmal

And for the £1200 you paid for it you could spend a little bit more and Get a Panny pw6 or pw7 plasma which will give you a smile on your face every time you switch it on and it will certainly give you endless hours of enjoyment

Where as you could stick with the Techwood but you will wince everytime you switch it on and you certainly wont be showing it to your mates

Or you could go for a dlp rear projection tv and join our little gang :D :D

3. phillem

phillem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had one for 6 mths now and maybe i have low standards, but i am highly delighted with it.

4. welsh uk

welsh uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Each individual has different expectations of what picture quality they want to see on a screen

After seeing the Techwoods picture quality i just couldnt justify paying that amount of money for it

But dont just take my word for it there are plenty of posts from people who have bought the Techwood and were not impressed with it theres This Post and This One and if you have some spare time you could read These

5. c4lln

c4lln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have not seen the techwood screen, but reading different posts on here it seems that it is the same as a tiny plasma, which according to many are truly awful. i have just got my pw7 from www.123electricals4me.co.uk, it cost just under 1300 and included scart board and stand.
    i must say that it is a very good screen, i have only set it through the scart board and the picture is very good, looking forward to getting the component board and trying out progressive on it.
    i would advise you to cancel your techwood and order one from www.123electricals4me.co.uk by the way it is also free next day delivery.

dont settle for a very cheap screen when a good quality product is available at the same price.

6. crystalfat

crystalfat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you guys you have made my mind up for me ill let you know what the panny's like :)

7. Hardipa

Hardipa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, please can you confirm your PW7 came with a free stand as well as the scart board. The advert implies you have to pay £200 for the stand and tuner or a free scart board ... Thanks.

8. crystalfat

crystalfat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went back to currys and told them my mis-givings about the techwood, I had a different salesman this time who knew his stuff. (I always try to act dumb and see what they know), he said he wouldnt advise anyone to buy the techwood and proceeded to leave me alone to peruse the store.
    I looked around and this time i had done some research, so althought i paid a couple of hundred quid over the top for it i settled on a Philips 42PF9946, and guess what. Its absolute quality, tested all scart for games, pc input, and fast dvd motion blur, comes out tops in all. I fancied the panny but after looking closer the high def option seenms to pixelate a lot until your at least 12 feet away.
    :)
    im sooo happy, just gotta somehow put a smile on the wifes face now.

cheers guys :clap:

9. c4lln

c4lln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hardipa
    you do get scart board and stand for 1294, it is 200 extra for the media box, which by all accounts is not worth having anyway. i am over the moon with my pw7, just got everything daisy chained into the scart at the mo and the picture is very good. if you are thinking about getting one, it is worth every penny.
    regards
    chris

10. Hardipa

Hardipa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris,

You have a bargain, just noticed the price is now £1399 !! Still a good price though.

11. c4lln

c4lln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just seen the price increase myself, first time i have ever brought something at the right time.

12. Supersonic72

Supersonic72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank heavens i bought on friday from 123...

I may have got one of the last during the afternoon, so quite a few got a steal!