1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me setup my Philips DVDr70

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by T2Dex, Aug 22, 2004.

1. T2Dex

T2Dex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All
    I am having trouble setting up my Philips DVDR70 to my system.
    Here is what I have

My Plasma Tuner box has 4 scarts.
    Scart 1 to the TV Scart in my Sky + Box
    Scart 2 to the EXT 1 TO TV-I/O space on my DVD Recorder
    Scart 3 To a DVD player

DVD Recorder
    Scart 1 ( EXT 1 TO TV-I/O) to Scart 2 in my Plasma Tunder Box
    Scart 2 (AUX-I/O) to VCR SCART on Sky +

When I switch on my plasma then my Philips I can see the DVD Recorder screen however when I install the recorder it says No Chanels found, and also if I go to record something it says No Signal.

Any help would be great
    I am at a loss after struggling with then for days now

Cheers all
    its a tugh one

Dex :lease:

2. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Your signal connections look OK, but have you connected the analogue terrestial aerial to the DVDR70 and then an RF loop from the DVDR70 to the TV?

Also if one of your plasma inputs is Q-Link, Easylink etc then it may be best to use this for the DVDR70, often this is TV Scart 1. This will automatically download the analogue TV channels to the DVDR70, and provide other functionality. However, some TV's do not provide RGB inputs on an EasyLink scart, check the TV manual.

The way you have connected should work, but if you want to record Sky in RBG quality then connect as follows:

Sky+(TV) ---> DVDR70(Ext2)...DVDR70(Ext1) ---> TV (RGB scart)

3. T2Dex

T2Dex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi JEFUK

Thanx for the help mate.

I do not have an external arial, I only use the Sky + my External RF ariel was usless when I moved in so dont bother using it. Dont know if my TV used the Easylink system I know the Recorder does, I will try the way you have suggested to connect them but will it still work without an RF Input ?

Cheers mate

Dex

4. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    It will still work without an external aerial. The only thing that wont work is the auto-clock facility, which obtains the time from Teletext. Just ignore the setup warnings.

Connect as suggested, and make sure that you are using an RGB scart input on the TV. The default input/output setting on the DVDR70 is RGB.