Help me put my AMP back the way it was (Settings)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by PerfectBlue97, Sep 2, 2012.

1. PerfectBlue97

PerfectBlue97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I was trying to adjust the setting on my amp after I swapped the centre speaker out, and I managed to switch it to the wrong mode, and now I cannot get it back the way that it was originally set up.

It is a Samsung HW-C770S Amp. It's a couple of years old now, so it's out of warranty I have no technical support.

The amp has two rear satellite speakers connected. They should be set to "Small" in the options menu, but instead they are set to "None". You should just be able to press the up\down arrow to change this, but when you press it nothing happens. The only option that is available is "None".

This has happened before and I managed to fix it by changing another setting somewhere on the menu. I wrote this setting down, but I've lost the piece of paper that I had it on.

I think that there is a specific mode that the amp needs to be in. If it's in the correct mode it supports full 7.1, but in the current mode it only supports 5.1.

Does anybody know what mode I need?

Here is a link to the instruction manual (http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...12134222578/HW-C700-C770S-C770BS-XAC_0616.pdf).

I'm afraid that I don't know what half of it means, I had the store set it up for me originally, and I'm not a hi-fi person.

2. PerfectBlue97

PerfectBlue97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Just to clarify, it's a menu\setup problem, the speakers are properly connected.

If you use the tone\setup settings you get sound out of them. Just no playback from media.

3. gam

gam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +733
    don't have the amp but check page 39 to 41 of the manual you posted

PL11z should be off ...... states the rears will be set to none if this is on (not sure might have to switch on PL11x aswell)
    and not sure about the speaker setup in the menu issue but ES/EX mode need switched on to use the extra rears for 5.1 sources

4. PerfectBlue97

PerfectBlue97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    There seems to be more to it, I've tried switching Pro Logic II on, and off, and adjusting the ES\EX settings but still nothing.

Maybe I need to do it in a set order, or in a specific combination.

What does ES\EX actually mean?