help me pls, choosing right amplifier for Mission M34i

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by hieronim, Jun 11, 2009.

1. hieronim

hieronim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys. I need help, choosing the right amplifier for my Mission M34i speakers.

I'm not a big hi-fi enthusiast, but often listening to the music for 4-5 hours non-stop. I like a strong, punchy bass and I wish to have a clear, smooth upper sounds, but not a crystal clear, sharp jazz-like...
    Listening a lot of music, mainly hard kinds of tekno, hard tekno, hardcore, psytrance, drum&bass, but also some gothic/metal bands, ethno or ambient, even rap....
    well... :))
    But anyway mainly I want technical & electronic music sounds good. Powerfull, clean bass with stronger kinds, but at the same time clear, surrounding ambient & electronic music. Non-fatiguing long-run sounds.

I want to choose beetwen Rotel RA04, NAD 326BEE or DENON PMA510AE.
    I have read that Denon & NAD supposed to give a nice lower sounds, and Rotel gives a clearer highs, but lot of people say that Rotel is much better. Is it really?
    Mission M34i has already powerfull bass by themselves, but missing a lot of higer sounds (that's what I hear, listening them on Onkyo 501 av). Would it be good to mix it with Rotel or stay with NAD or DENON??

Any advice? please
    thanks in advance

2. hieronim

hieronim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And NO, I cannot listen to any of this combo. :) That's why I'm asking, It should be easier to give some help, given my music preference.

3. Matt W

Matt W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I think the Rotel would sound nice with these, based on my hearing them seperately - so don't take that as any real kind of indicator. I just think they'd smooth out each others weaknesses. That is, I demoed the M34i's when buying my RB/RC combo - which is just a more refined RA04 sound imo. Settled with the 685s for more money in the end though.

I also think Rotel amps work really well with this type of music, but that's also entirely subjective.

PS. I am a bit of a Rotel fanboy...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  4. knucky

knucky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Given the type of sound you want and the music you listen to, how about a Densen Beat.

5. scorpion88

scorpion88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    You have drawn up a short list so my advice would be to try and demo them with as much of own own music as possible. And then choose . Only you can decide which suits your ears. It is unlikely anyone has mixed rotel, Nad or Denon. Why not find out for yourself to ensure you don't waste your money. All you have listed to so far to heresay.

Hope this helps.

S