1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me please!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Adrenochrome, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    as i have been put off buying a sony 32fq80 or a sony 32fx66 because of poor text on left hand side of screens i am turning my attention to plasma screens. i know jack about these things so all help accepted but my main questions are,
    which one to buy? requirements are as big a screen as possible for circa £3000, what else do i have to purchase? at the moment i have a sony sky digibox, jvc nicam vcr, and a sony dav s300 home cinema kit.
    tia
    :confused:

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Hi Tom,

For that kind of budget you could get the new 42" LG MZ-42PZ17 (£2500 from Richer Sounds) or a 37" Panasonic TH-37PW5B (£2860 from PRC Direct). If you can stretch your budget to around £3700 you could get a Panasonic TH-42PW5B or a Pioneer PDP-433MXE, both of which are very highly regarded on this forum. To use your Digibox at it's best you would need one of JS Technology's RGB to VGA converters which are about £120. Best of luck :)

Steve

3. DaveCheltenham

DaveCheltenham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    If your chosen device has an RGB input, you don't need to spend the extra for and additional JS unit. If you haven't, as Dutch says, it is a good solution.

4. cadmeister

cadmeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...and do yourself a favour : take an afternoon out to read up the well-informed posts on this forum. I found it helped a great deal in buying mine in November.