1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Please.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by New Bloke, Oct 22, 2002.

1. New Bloke

New Bloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    After an insurance claim with Coverplan (Dixons), my television has now been written off and they are issuing £1420.00 worth of vouchers for me to spend at either Currys or Dixons.

In Aberdeen, independant retailers are few and far between and they will only price match other stores in the area.

You may be shocked at the following prices but I am stuck with them. I have the following options:

Option 1 - Toshiba 32ZP18Q - £1420.00

Option 2 - Panasonic 28PB50 - £895.00 + Yamaha E300 Pianocraft Hifi - £300.00 + Toshiba 220E DVD Player £179.99 + £50.00 worth of Scart Cables etc.

I currently have a Pioneer 515 DVD player (no RGB output) and a Toshiba Video.

Votes please for Option 1 or 2 please.

Any other comments are welcome.

I wish I could go elsewhere.:(

2. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Assuming you either (i) have an amp and speakers already or (ii) aren't bothered, I would go for option 1 as you're getting a larger screen at this juncture. Then, upgrade your 515 when you get the funds (the 220 is going to be region 2 anyway - if that bothers you).

:)

3. PA28

PA28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can they legally do this? Did you buy your Coverplan with Gift Vouchers??? Or fivers...... Whatever the contract may say, this smacks of anti-competitive trade practice.