1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Please

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Chrosto, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Chrosto

Chrosto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I relise there has probably been hundreds of threads of this nature but i wanted to start a new one as it will be most relative to me.

I have recenly purchased some kit to start a bedroom setup, ive bought an LCD widescrenn T.V. a pioneer reciever, and a basic yamaha speaker package, i know the equipment is basic, but i am on a really tight budget, and am not too bothered having top of the range kit, as i probably wont get the chance to put it to best use. I was really hoping for some advice on connecting it up and learning about what cables i need to use, as for me it is very off putting trying to learn about it on the net, as there is so much information it makes my brain melt, it got to the point where i preferred my AS studies to learning about such matters!!! I also have an X box, gamecube and VCR that i wanted to conect up, although i heard that the gamecube wouldn't benifit from this as much as the X box. I have also heard that i need an optical cable to connect the X box to the reciever, would i aslo need to connect it to the T.V? Any information would be useful about what to connect to what with what.

Cheers

2. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I cant really help on this matter but if you provide the make and model of all the products you are wishing to connect and if you want the vcr to be able to record from everything im sure someone else will help you.

3. Chrosto

Chrosto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The T.V is a Goodmans GTV17WLCD 17" LCD Widescreen TV and the speakers Yamaha NSP106 6.1 Speaker Package and the amp is a pioneer vsx-c100 as I said it is pretty cheap stuff so im not too bothered about having expensive performance enhancing cable, just something that will get the job done with satisfying results. i wasnt too bothered about the vieo recorder being ble to record everything, especially if it was going to be extra hassle.

4. Chrosto

Chrosto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got it sorted, it wasnt really that hard when i got in there.