1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kopite4Ever, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    im sorry if this has been brought up before but here goes. ive been saving up for a plasma for a while giving a projector no thought what so ever till very recently (today hehe). now i have a fair knowledge on plasma's now (gained from forums and demo's) and no nothing of projectors. so here was my plan, a 50" Panasonic plasma, an new DVD Player (Component, PS ) new Amp the lot basically and also using my pc to watch some HDTV downloads. now just seen the panasonic PT- A500 on offer at byyourav.com and liked the specs ! so when to a forums sponser and read a review. was impressed with the way they said it performed and now seriously considering getting this now. will this be suitable for my needs (DVD, Gaming , HDTV from PC) or is there a better alternative, and where do i start looking for a 16:9 screen ? will give the dimensions of the room later on as work is calling! thanks for all your help in advance

PS just seen the screen cheaper on another site with a Free 66" 16:9 Screen. this is getting more and more tempting!

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    ok there is no doubt the ae500 will give you a fantastic image that will "wow" you. the question is can it replace the plasma with these duties. the answer yes all sources will look every bit as good but bigger :thumbsup: if you have a light controlled room the projector will be amazing. they cant handle much ambiant light thats the only thing you need to worry about. the projector is way cheaper, bigger and will give you the same if not better image.

3. MikeBB

MikeBB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic are doing free screens with all AE500 at the mo (Or appear to be)

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    No such thing as a free lunch as they say, it'll be fairly horrid. Get a decent one, look at all that money you are saving. Or have you thought of making your own. You can get the paint, black edging material etc, and use a sheet of MDF to get a 7 1/2 ft x 4ft screen like that, can look very smart. Good PJ though, for me it's that or a Z2 Sanyo. Each have their devotees, the sanyo is available with an electric Othello screen as a bargain add on, ie not free but very cheap!

5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    thanks for your comments everyone. im still unsure about the Panasonic PW6 plasma OR panasonic AE500 projector. i keep throwing pro's and con's of each in my head and its doing me in :suicide: if only i could afford both :rotfl: (can only dream). i have seen the PW6 in action and was very very impressed and have only seen screen shots of what the projector can do and they make me smile :D any advice of what i should do will be greatly appreciated

6. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    The Free screen with the AE500 is a very good one, not horrid at all. I think it costs £250-300 otherwise.