1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me please with Coaxial/Satelite cable!!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by LiquidTV, Dec 20, 2004.

1. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys, I have just run a lengthy piece of RG6 double shielded coaxial/Satelite cable from the Aerial in the loft to my TV I can't receive any picture at all. As far as I can see this is the same as normal cheap coaxial cable but is shielded. Is this preventing me from receiving any pictures or perhaps there is a flaw in the cable?? Suffice to say I have checked, double checked & checked again that none of the copper strands is in contact with the central copper core.
    :lease:

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    The foil and copper braiding is there to shield against electromagnetic interference (EMI) so thats not the problem.

Depending on how the cable is terminated at the arial end it may be simpler to bring the cable down into the the room with the tv and hook it up directly to a VCR etc and see if you get a picture that way. If you do then the problem is most likely with the arial if the connectors themselves look solid.
    If you don't get a picture then more likely the cable is at fault somewhere along its length, check for cuts/splits.