1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me please! Video lead question.....

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by gilford, Aug 10, 2005.

1. gilford

gilford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +972
    Hello again :hiya:

When I bought my new Bose system it came iwth the yellow Video lead which I hooked up to the TV and everything was fine. The wire was a little shrt so I have been out and bought a longer one. Its a 5 meter gold plated one. Now every time I watch a film I have got 2 dark black bars on my screen?? Is this because of the lead? It was only a tenner so its no QED. Please help, its driving me crazy :eek: :rotfl:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    moved to cable forum

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,464
    gilford

Try moving the long cable - it doest sound like its terribly well made and may be picking up interference from something its lying across or on.

If the lines go away you can either live with it or consider a better quality (Note: not necessarily more expensive) cable.

The 'Yellow' cable your using is carrying a 'Composite' video signal from your DVD player to your TV - this is the lowest quality video signal a manufacturer can provide; is there no other option on the DVD player?

If the player has a SCART output socket you may find it offers you the ability to set the player to Output an RGB signal; if yes and your TV also has a SCART socket that is RGB enabled you'll get a much better picture if you install a decent SCART cable.

Best regards

Joe

4. gilford

gilford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +972
    Thanks for the info. I have spoken to Bose today and they have said the same. The have told me to buy an S Video lead so I have ordered a QED one. I hope it sorts it! lol. I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers :) :)