Help me please my PC has died !!

newstuart

Help please :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease:

Ive finally bitten the bullet and bought a legit copy of windows MCE 2005 to install on my 2 PCs

Before doing so I decided to swap a few bits around between them with the aim of one being decidedly faster and more reliable with a bigger hardrive and the second to be used in my cinema room. This is what I changed,

(Taken from 1st (now not working pc)
CPU (AMD Athlon 3000)
2 * 512 MB ram sticks
1 Maxtor 200gb hardrive

These were replaced with
CPU (AMD Athlon 3000+)
1 256 mb ram
1 Maxtor 60gb hardrive
1 Maxtor 40 gb hardrive

When i booted up the pc after these bits were swapped over I got nothing at all not even a BIOS screen, just the power supply and fans going and a "power on" light on the mother board.
The PC i swapped them to worked fine. Thinking something was not compatable i swapped everything back but still nothing.

I have checked all the parts in the other PC and they are working fine which leads me to believe the mother board has developed a fault ? Are there any suggestions on how i can confirm this ?

Sorry if I havent added enough info Im new to this pc building business but on a steep learning curve !!

for reference the motherboard in question is a ASUS A7N8X - X

If you require any further info please ask and ill do my best to answer.

thankyou very much in advance

The Dude

Distinguished Member
Id guess it's the FSB setting for the CPU.... there are two variants of the XP3000.. one runs @333Mhz FSB, one runs @400Mhz

have a look at the part number on the CPUs..

will look like this: AXDA3000DKV4D

if the last letter is D it's the 333Mhz version
if the last letter is E it's the 400Mhz version

are yours both the same or different?

Dan L

"Ive finally bitten the bullet and bought a legit copy of windows MCE 2005 to install on my 2 PCs"

Don't you mean you bought two legit copies of MCE to install on your 2 PCs?

;)

Trending threads

Top Bottom