• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HELP...ME Pioneer Plasma has gone BANG !

rsvman

Established Member
I purchased a Pioneer pdp433mxevk in May 2003 .. and it has been a super product..

Last night it went Bang !!! i now have the power on light flashing 5 times.

I noticed about 2 days ago , that the display just turned itself of, and the power on display was flashing a Long Flash and then 4 short flashes.. i had no idea what this meant.. but now i just get 5 quick flashes, so it must be some sort of diagnoses....

The bang/flash came from the top of the plasma, as it is wall mounted..

Can anbody help me with the diagnoses ???? :lease:

rsvman

Established Member
Matt Horne said:
power supply ?

I'm still getting power to the standby light which is flashing.. so i guess it might me the main psu or something ??

Anybody else got any ideas.. etc .. how much is a psu??

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
Home insurance job, can it not just 'accidentally' fall off the bracket??:eek:

Jim_Fear

Established Member
Dont Pioneer have a lifetime no quibble guarantee for the PSU's?

Bernard Barnett

Established Member
As Horny says, there are three or four other threads about the MXE psu failing after two to three years. It's worrying because according to the other threads (a) the quality and responsiveness of Pioneer service centres vary alarmingly across the country; (b) some engineers are willing to do the repair in situ, others take it away for weeks; (c) not all service centres seem to be aware that the repair is supposed to be free of parts, labour and call-out charge. I'm not looking forward to the possible hassle of losing my display for a while and arguing over the cost of the job, even if it's satisfactorily resolved in the end.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom