Help me pick a TV for the kids bedrooms

thias89

Novice Member
Hi all, new to the forum :)

We've recently moved into a new house, the kids (2x) bedrooms are pretty big (4.5m x 4.5m) and their current 19" TVs look tiny in them! So we've decided to bite the bullet and get them both a new TV each.

The kids only really watch Netflix, Disney+ and Youtube, so they don't need to be anything fancy.

Requirements are;
  1. Smart TV - Netflix, Disney+ and Youtube as a minimum
  2. Freeview Play would be nice + USB recording
  3. Ethernet port (solid brick walls everywhere, WiFi signal isn't great)
  4. Slim profile (they'll be wall mounted)
  5. Under £500 each
Given the size of the rooms, I'm thinking 50" would be about right?

What do y'all think?

Dodgexander

If you don't need good viewing angles Hisense or TCL Roku TV would be my shout, not sure on the recording but it should have time-shift. Recording isn't really useful on a TV. With a single tuner you can only record what you're watching, or record when the TVs not being used...it can't overlap, or adjust like PVR boxes do with multi tuners. The interface of recording tends also to be very poor.

I think every TV now has a slim profile, and certainly an ethernet port.

If you do want recording you should look at the Samsung models. TU8500 last year, AU9000 this year.

At the minute, due to new 2021 models (like the AU9000) having just been released, they tend to be overpriced, so it won't be as good value buying one of those now compared to 2020 stock.

Make sure to decide first between panel type, if for example you feel the bedrooms are not suited to TVs using a VA panel, then you should consider LG or Sony 49" models instead in the guide.

tvdavid

Prob get the cheapest one like this LG and they come with a 5-year warranty as sets don't last long sometimes.

they all seem good

tvdavid

2-year guarantee on that one it seems sometimes they die within 15 months.

Dodgexander

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom