1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me pick a TV (28")

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Himji, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Himji

Himji
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hullo all, just popped here on a recoomendation from another unrelated forum :thumbsup:

Ok, I'm looking to buy a new set, these are the specs I've decided on a 28" widescreen 100hz. It'll be mainly used for watching tv (eastenders and crap and watching DVD's, picture quality is important, it's the main thing I'm looking for. I've already got a surround sound setup so I don't care too mch for speakers, as long as Dirty den sounds audible, they'll do :D

Ok, I've looked around and so far, these three have taken my fancy;

http://ws3.electricalworld.co.uk/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=TOSH-28ZH46

http://ws3.electricalworld.co.uk/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PANA-TX28PM11C

http://ws3.electricalworld.co.uk/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SONY-KV28CS70

Now all three are cool, my missus doesn't like the stand on the panasonic so unless it's better than the others, I doubt I'll be looking at that one. I've had mixed views about sony, most people either love them and won't buy owt else or they think they are over rated pos.

Anyway, your thoughts on those would be appreciated and if you have any suggestions then please feel free to mention sets and I'll look them up. BTW, I'll prolly pay a bit more for a tv with Integrated Digital..... but again picture is paramount

2. Himji

Himji
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bumping because I'm a well cunfused kitten.

3. Chris Hedlund

Chris Hedlund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the risk of making you even more confused I would add the JVC AV28X4 (Comet AV28X47 at £399) to the list.
    It seems a very good picture from what I have seen.
    Cheers Chris

4. Himji

Himji
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks :D I'm going shopping tommorrow to a shop called HI-SPEK in StAlbans, hopefully they'll be able to demo them for me and I can see the sets properly, I've got three on the boil now the Phillips 28dw6559, Panasonic TX28DX10 (although the problems mentioned on this board might put me off) and the jvc :D Hopefully, they'll let me demo them and I'll see if I really want to 50 or 100hz... IdTV is nice but no essential so it'll depend on which one offers the best pic.

5. Chris Hedlund

Chris Hedlund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How did you get on at Hi-Spek?
    Cheers Chris

6. Himji

Himji
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought the Phillips in the end. I compared the two pictures and there wasn't much in it, with the Phillips being £50 cheaper and having iDtv it was the better deal.

Got it home and set it up, picture from the aerial is sweet. slight pixelisation at very rare moments. TheDidgital Tv guide isn't as good as I'd liek it (sky Digital is far better) but it's functional I suppose. I'ce yet to try a DVD in there tho

7. Himji

Himji
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I forgot to mention, the deciding factor was by far the most important, the missus liked the Phillips stand and not the Panasonic or Jvc :laugh: