Help me pick a low priced TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Daneel, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm looking for a TV to tide me over until I can afford to get a good RPTV based on DLP or LCOS. I haven't kept up with the TV scene so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what is good.

I'm struggling to see what the big difference is between the £500 and £1200 TVs. I have used a 32" Sony FX60U for about 2 years now and it is quite decent although red is somewhat strong. That is back in my parents house so I need something for myself now.

My local comet has the Toshiba 28Z33 for £324 which seems like a steal. Only problem is places like Comet supply their TVs with crap quality signals so I can't compare TVs with any accuracy. Any comments on the Toshiba or others in the sub £500 bracket?

Thanks

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Wow. I've just has a browse through some online sites. Each manufacturer seems to have a zillion models and differentiating between them is very hard. Is there a table or something that will allow me to compare fetures, even better if it has some indication of picture quality?

I found some info on the Toshiba, it looks like a good deal. I''m most concerned with picture quality (not concerned about sound as I won't be using the TV speakers) and NTSC playback (I have a number of R1 DVDs). Anything out there to beat this TV at a similar price?