Help Me Pick A Lcd Tv For The 360

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by BRUCE182, Jan 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. BRUCE182

BRUCE182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,everyone

Just got myself a 360 and want to hook it up to a LCD,i have upto £550 to spend and looking for a 32 inch,this will only be used for gaming and the odd bit of t.v never be used for DVD's ...

But i don't know what i'm lucking for really but found this site to be the cheapest can anyone tell me which tv's to go for probably looking at either the LG's or SAMSUNGS or if anyone can suggest others.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/59/xx/xx/8/3/criteresn_BA00000009-BV00000187.html?s=59&m=xx&t=xx&categorieid=3&cat=8&startrow=&sortBy=ASC&orderBy=Prix

2. davidcharles

davidcharles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    samsung le26r7...

great tv, 360 thru component looks great, also has special gaming option to enhance game picture.....

paid £580 in sale at Curry's....you may struggle for a decent 32" for £550

3. BRUCE182

BRUCE182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    So the ones for around £550 that the site are doing aren't that good,i do appreciate that it's not going to be the best but just don't want to but one and be dissapointed

4. jazzman147

jazzman147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I too was in the same position as you Bruce, just got an Xbox 360 and want a good budget HD Ready LCD to go with it. I've just ordered the Finlux from empiredirect at £479.99 the specs look reasonable and it has all the connections I need. Hopefully I'll receive it this weekend so I'll let you know what it's like.

Jazzman

PS If anyone else has the Finlux I'd love to hear your opinions on it.

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~FIN-32745-HD.htm

5. BRUCE182

BRUCE182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well i started in the £450 bracket looking at some of the unknown names,but you know what it's like you just keep spending and spending that little more.

But the spec on the cheaper one seem to be no different to the spec on branded ones,just feel safer going for a branded name,don't know why!!!

This the second t.v like i say purley for the 360 and at the moment it's attached to a old 25 inch philips,so am i right in thinking any of the lcd with good spec should be a vast improvement...

6. davidcharles

davidcharles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    bruce...

any lcd with component will give a HUGE difference in pq over what you have now...

its for 360 only then i suppose any lcd with component will do..(it will be like having a 32" monitor)