Help me pick a 43" 4K TV please

MarieUK

I'm in the UK. Looking at 43" screen size and 4K. I am bamboozled by everything out there and good reviews and bad. A lot say upscaled. Not to fussed sound wise or smart TV wise as I am getting a sound bar plus I use fire TV anyway. I just need nice decent picture quality better than my standard LG LED which is 40". The good thing is these days I can get a bigger screen in the space as they don't have the black boarders on them. I can't get OLED because I can't fit that size in the space I have.

Must have 3 HDMI ports and USB preferably bluetooth

Recommendations please. I saw this one but on one: Samsung 2020 43" Q60T QLED 4K Quantum HDR Smart TV with Tizen OS but on one site it says it's full 4K and another upscaled.

I generally watch TV in a dimly lit room (lamp) of an evening or a normal room lit by daylight.

Last edited:

Dodgexander

Every TV, including the Q60T you mention is 4k. Upscaling is just used to spread lower resolution content you watch on the TV up to 4k.

I'd recommend avoiding 43" models and going for a larger TV for more money to get something that has decent picture quality. Smaller TVs you buy today just don't cut it when it comes to HDR. Otherwise frankly you're just better keeping what you have, as you'll be taking too many steps back to take a couple forward with a new TV.

MarieUK

Every TV, including the Q60T you mention is 4k. Upscaling is just used to spread lower resolution content you watch on the TV up to 4k.

I'd recommend avoiding 43" models and going for a larger TV for more money to get something that has decent picture quality. Smaller TVs you buy today just don't cut it when it comes to HDR. Otherwise frankly you're just better keeping what you have, as you'll be taking too many steps back to take a couple forward with a new TV.
Thanks. I can't fit any bigger in the space sadly. So it would be a waste of time getting a new one?

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom