Help me!!! Panasonic avchd problem!!

varmando

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, first sorry my english is not good. My problem is this: I have a Panasonic HDC HS20 video cam with avchd. I recorded some videos and play them from the cam to my TV and it looks amazing, very good quality. Then downloaded them to my pc, then erase them from my cam.

Next day I have to format my pc and I save the video files on a dvd disk. Now I have a new pc and save the video files on it. There are several folders with different kind of files extensions (an Avchd, .iis, .cont and .tmb file) I have Cyberlink Power director and try to open the file...but it doesnt look no more hd...it looks very poor quality. I dont have no more the cd from panasonic with the original software.

My question is...If I have all the files....and I dont have the Panasonic software....What can I do to watch the video in Hd again?

Did you download from the cam using HDWriter or just with Windows?

If you used HDwriter, then your videos are the files ending in .m2ts

If you used Windows, then you should have a folder called AVCHD.
Inside AVCHD, a folder called BDMV
Inside BDMV, a folder called STREAM
Inside STREAM, your videos are the files ending in .MTS

Most editing software only seems to need the .MTS or .m2ts files to work properly, so you can fairly safely ignore all the other stuff.
If they don't look good in Cyberlink, perhaps your PC or its graphics card is not powerful enough?

Most editing software only seems to need the .MTS or .m2ts files to work properly, so you can fairly safely ignore all the other stuff.
If they don't look good in Cyberlink, perhaps your PC or its graphics card is not powerful enough?

Assuming your editing software reads both files, is there any benefit in importing the files as .m2ts or is it just an unnecessary step?

Hi Varmando

Do bear in mind the files that you view on the PowerDirector preview will never be as good as when you watch the clips on the TV. Are you new to PowerDirector? If so, did you know that you can change the preview quality by clicking on the white rectangle with a white band around it just under the preview screen. The higher the quality selected the more PC power will be required.

If you are having problems viewing your files try reloading them to PowerDirector from the DVD and render them again as AVCHD

I hope this helps you

Last edited:
Did you download from the cam using HDWriter or just with Windows?

I download them with HDWriter, but I dont know how to join all files in to one editable archive.

My laptop is AMD Phenom 2 Quadcore, 4 g ram and a decent graphic card (I can play good video games)

Thanks for the answer!!

Do bear in mind the files that you view on the PowerDirector preview will never be as good as when you watch the clips on the TV. Are you new to PowerDirector? If so, did you know that you can change the preview quality by clicking on the white rectangle with a white band around it just under the preview screen. The higher the quality selected the more PC power will be required.

If you are having problems viewing your files try reloading them to PowerDirector from the DVD and render them again as AVCHD

I hope this helps you[/QUOTE]

Hi, and thanks for the answer. Yes, I am new in Video Editing (but I want to learn), maybe thats the reason, I will try again with the new prewiew quality and I will tell you how it goes. One question: In PD I import the folder (Does it means that PD import all the files from the folder?)

I download them with HDWriter, but I dont know how to join all files in to one editable archive.

My laptop is AMD Phenom 2 Quadcore, 4 g ram and a decent graphic card (I can play good video games)

Thanks for the answer!!

TSmuxergui

tsMuxeR 1.10.6 - VideoHelp.com Downloads

Add the first file, use the join button for the rest indicate the file location , click on .m2ts and click start muxing is one way.

you can output the clips to a AVCHD folder and burn the folder to a DVD blank (playable on a blu-ray) using IMGburn.

There's likely other free software to join AVCHD camcorder clips.

EDIT

Try

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Join format identical files into one unique file.

I will try it out for you.

Not a happy experience.

Best, easiest and fastest option is Videoredo TVsuite H264

http://www.videoredo.com/en/Download.htm

It's not free but you can chop out bad clips or sections and it only recodes at edits so is lightning fast. Try the free trial

Last edited:
Yes, if you import a folder PD will open all the usable files in the folder and place them in media room display ready for you to place on the timeline.

You really dont need HD writer if you have PD. Copy the files from your camera to a folder in Windows then import them from there in the normal way to PD (do not delete them from the windows file until your project is complete because PD will always look for the files where it found them in the first place). They will then be in the Media Room, you can then drag each file as required into the timeline which will join them together. Once you are happy with your film render it to AVCHD which will give you an .m2ts file suitable for TV viewing.

I am assuming that you have a version of PD that that renders HD (Ultra usually)

I hope this helps you

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom