• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help me pamper my bottom.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I have a fairly decent chair which I spend a fair bit of my time in whilst on my PC and I feel that my bottom is not getting the comfort it craves.
So have been looking at seat pads similar to this but wondered if any of you folks who spend your working day sat sitting have any other suggestions?

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
Since you've got absolutely no help regardless you should get your account removed, this isn't a very helpful place ;)
My thoughts exactly.
I mean where are the risque jokes, the double entendre's, the crack? I really do not know what has become of this forum.:D

hippo99

Distinguished Member
buy-hammock-chair-with-stand.jpg

D

Deleted member 293381

Sitting is good for standing out.

Outstanding sitting sits you in good standing.

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
Okay, double entendres aside, I use this:

ObusForme Lower Back Backrest Support System Adjustable Lumbar Support LS-BLK-CB | eBay

I bought one through my acupuncturist. You can buy the seat cushion or the backrest separately and join them together if it works out cheaper that way (probably not).

My acupuncturist recommended a complete seat as just a cushion won't correct your bad posture if you slump forward. I can confirm that I have spent hours at the PC and never had a problem.

I'd also recommend armrests if your chair doesn't already have them.

Why not speak to a physiotherapist and see what they suggest? I'll admit that most posture correction/support supplies are expensive, but it's like buying a mattress - the more you spend the better it's likely to perform and last.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
My thoughts exactly.
I mean where are the risque jokes, the double entendre's, the crack?

Your bottom has no crack. Dear god, man how I feel for you and your inability to join the rest of your fellow men in the building trade.

You must have been an object of ridicule.

D

Deleted member 27989

I have a fairly decent chair which I spend a fair bit of my time in whilst on my PC and I feel that my bottom is not getting the comfort it craves.
So have been looking at seat pads similar to this but wondered if any of you folks who spend your working day sat sitting have any other suggestions?
The simples solution is to not sit so long. Perhaps you should get a Mac instead :p

Seriously, stand up more regurarly. Get a heigh adjustable desk that allows you to stand. And drink plenty of water. Oh and a footrest is also very good. Together with properly adjusted seat, desk and monitor.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
The simples solution is to not sit so long. Perhaps you should get a Mac instead :p

Seriously, stand up more regularly. Get a height adjustable desk that allows you to stand. And drink plenty of water. Oh and a footrest is also very good. Together with properly adjusted seat, desk and monitor.

I cannot game standing up. I have a great desk which I have no intention of replacing, might take you up on a footrest though, do you suggest any type in particular?
As I am on a purely liquid diet then increasing the amount will only increase my visits to the loo.

D

Deleted member 27989

I cannot game standing up. I have a great desk which I have no intention of replacing, might take you up on a footrest though, do you suggest any type in particular?
As I am on a purely liquid diet then increasing the amount will only increase my visits to the loo.
Perhaps learn to do that. It honestly is the best way to do it. And just picking out one element isn’t going to help. It’s the whole package.

Anyway that is the answer from people who “sit” for a living.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
As is my usual behaviour after spending cash on a solution to an issue I decide to go a different route. :)
I am currently trying not to inflict all sorts of injury on my person by removing what seems like hundreds of staples holding the seat cover on. I have a decent bit of foam in my 'It might come in handy in the future box' so just need to get another bit of material as close to the original as I can but a little bigger and we have perfect shop for this in Edinburgh.

D

Deleted member 27989

As is my usual behaviour after spending cash on a solution to an issue I decide to go a different route. :)
I am currently trying not to inflict all sorts of injury on my person by removing what seems like hundreds of staples holding the seat cover on. I have a decent bit of foam in my 'It might come in handy in the future box' so just need to get another bit of material as close to the original as I can but a little bigger and we have perfect shop for this in Edinburgh.
Could you change it for a mesh seat cover that doesn’t have foam in it. That would be much better by giving your bottom a lot more air to breath.

A Herman Miller Aeron chair would be great, together with footrest, height adjustable desk, and a lamb skin elbow protector.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
What started out as a simple bit of extra comfort for my bum has now developed into a full blown re-upholstery job as I discovered that the upholstered parts of the chair are easily removable and as I will need to recover the seat once I have renewed the foam then it makes sense to recover the other two pieces at the same time and that way they will match.

I have done a bit of upholstery before now as I made a padded headboard for my late partners bed, I have most of the tools I need just have to get a staple remover as I have a blister from yesterdays efforts with small screwdriver and needle nose pliers from removing the covering from the seat.

Not sure about shaping foam so will need to research that.

ryCX3LS.jpg

umux9SE.jpg

n6pWciQ.jpg

K8zK0ve.jpg

biDJxHB.jpg

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
Old foam, yucky. OK the chair was second hand when I bought it and the lazy so and so's had just upholstered over the top of the old upholstery.
kWtFyk8.jpg

Talking of foam I can buy it delivered for a tenner less than I could if I went to a shop in Edinburgh who I have just called for a price?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
@MrFraggle - if it is only the seat pad that is a problem then yes, get the seat pad replaced and re-covered.
Personally I prefer Humanscale Freedom chairs but they are often £400-500.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom