Help me out, offer advice!

X

xelallah

It's something i've been weighing up for months now, never really got round to actually investigating it tho - XBOX's! I've always been a bit of a Sony "fanboy" had my ps2 for ages now, really enjoy a lot of the games i'm playing but particularly the controller layout i think is awesome. I've got the PS2 with about 15 top games and also a gamecube that my sister gave me, but I barely use. Lately i've been tempted to trade in the 'cube for an old XBOX (as my local CHIPS store have pre-owned 'boxes at £50). My friend (a Microsoft "fanboy") reckons I should sell both the PS2 and the cube and get a 360. I'd like to, as I think the 360 looks awesome, but I am concerned about game prices.

Help..ahhhh! Throw information at me.. anything!

[I've found the 360 from HMV through quidco and hmv gaming discount card for £248.49 which is the cheapest I can find.]

X

xelallah

A quick hunt around has found a '360 deal (see Gaming Special Offers thread) for £222 so I'm very tempted by that. Will hopefully get £50 for my 'cube and games, and a few tenners for the PS2 games I don't play much, so I could even have both the PS2 and the 360!!

Any help or comments / suggestions would still be appreciated tho!

Bilbob

Game prices ain't too scary really. Yep, the high street list price is £50 for most, but if you've got a local asda or tesco, then game and gamestation match usually, and you've got mail order, where you'll rarely pay over £40 new. Obviously, 2nd hand games go for less, check out the game trading forum. Loads in there for less.

X

xelallah

Another little question - how well do XBOX games work on the 360? I know there is a compatibility list, I'm particularly interested in playing Forza and Half Life 2.

leenx002

Not sure abut the compatibility thingy, but in terms of pricing on games, go to Blockbuster as their pre-owned 360 games tend to be the latest titles and nearly half the price, so far all my games have been pre-owned and have had no problems. My 360 is also pre-owned so saved a bomb there as well!! Pays to look around.

Cheers

Bilbob

xelallah said:
Another little question - how well do XBOX games work on the 360? I know there is a compatibility list, I'm particularly interested in playing Forza and Half Life 2.
Reports say Forza is good, not sure on HL2, TBH, you'd get a lot more response posting this on the 360 forum ;)

X

xelallah

Cheers for all your help, I'm going to go ahead and get one!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom