Help me out guys

morty192

Am doing a dissertation for my masters please take two minutes to fill out my questionnaire

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

almightygoodgod

I am also completing a dissertation for my masters at the moment, our universities must have vastly different standards when it comes to getting authorisation from the ethics committee.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Tried to fill it out buy there is a question I can't answer as there isn't the option I need so can't proceed.

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
I am also completing a dissertation for my masters at the moment, our universities must have vastly different standards when it comes to getting authorisation from the ethics committee.
I have to agree. The last question is 'loaded' and gives the impression that you have made up your mind, despite what the jury said. This will unequivocally skew your results and nullify your survey.

If you really want to know what people think, you should be asking questions which don't give a hint to what it is you are researching. And that is very tricky. But at least you will get closer to the truth.

Yeah, I got stuck on the last questions. No smoke without fire can be a casual and useful short-cut in life for making quick assumptions and decisions about people and situations, usually erring on the side of caution. However, I would never ever advocate using it for a criminal trial and if ever called to a jury, would only examine the evidence on offer to infer guilt.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
It was question 8 I had trouble with, how can we know for certain it the allegations are true or not even if he is found guilty or not. I lived through the late 70's and 80's and things certainly were different then whatever anybody says. Certain things were more acceptable because the connotations weren't there (rightly or wrongly as we were blind to how many perverts were actually out there).

Tom Tom

Just filled it in and agree with what others have said, The questionnaire leads you so heavily towards his guilt with what feels like strong prejudice.

I answer no to number 10 but only because the way you get the subject to fill in the previous questions means you have to tick no for your other questions to not be nullified by the last.

almightygoodgod

It was question 8 I had trouble with, how can we know for certain it the allegations are true or not even if he is found guilty or not. I lived through the late 70's and 80's and things certainly were different then whatever anybody says. Certain things were more acceptable because the connotations weren't there (rightly or wrongly as we were blind to how many perverts were actually out there).
Me too, I didn't complete the survey as question 8 doesn't have a suitable response for me. I don't know one way or the other if he is guilty and would never say I believed he is or he isn't.

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Poorly constructed questionaire as demonstrated by question 8.

I stopped at that question as it required a "Don't Know" option for those non judgemental/opinionated or who haven't sat in court listening to all the evidence.

John

You're going to have to contact Admin for permission to post a survey I am afraid

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom