• Technics

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
H

Hysteria

i'm going to get my first av reciever and i've seen two i rather like

Technics

Yamaha

Rite i can't decide wich one, on one hand the yamaha is a much more complete solution, being able to decode more and it's 6.1.

But on the other, i am a die hard technics fan, i know of technics to be superb audio that lasts a life time.

Please help guys, i realy realy realy can't make my mind up.

Yamaha, without a doubt :).

IIRC, it doesn't support 6.1 though, it just creates a 'virtual' EX sensation from the two rear speakers (although I could be wrong).

Originally posted by Dimmy
Yamaha, without a doubt :).

IIRC, it doesn't support 6.1 though, it just creates a 'virtual' EX sensation from the two rear speakers (although I could be wrong).

That would make sence with it saying it's got 5 outputs.:)

The Yamaha has Pro-Logic 2, Technics only Pro Logic. If you are going to watch any TV, Sky etc via the receiver the Yamaha will win hands down.

look for the rxv 440 if you can afford one. Its only a £100 more but the performance will beat the 530 and you get 2 years warranty.

Originally posted by Dfour
look for the rxv 440 if you can afford one. Its only a £100 more but the performance will beat the 530 and you get 2 years warranty.

Thing is i need some speakers too, ok so what are the advantages of pro-logic 2?

Pro logic 2 (if I remember rightly) seperates the rear channels so you get sterio out of them instead of deul mono. It basically mixes a 2 channel (stereo) source into a 5.1 source.

Its not just a case of pro logic 2 its also the slight gain in power, going to a 6.1 setup and the increase in processing power and speed with the new chipset in the 440.

Oh and a nother thing, i'm in the market for a new TV, Decentish wide screen or maybe a 20inch truflat TV somthing like that. do you know any good sites that i could buy from?.

It is not just the stereo and full frequency rear the whole matrix was changed, IMO it gives a near 5.1 DVD quality reproduction i.e. 5 discreet channels of sound, to good quality 2 channel stereo and surround mixes. I would not buy an AV amp without it if you are going to watch TV etc.

Hysteria the package you looked at on richer's is a 5.1 with built in amplifier. YOu need to buy a dvd player with the DD/DTS decoder built in. eg tosh 520, pio 565 etc

That technics is an awsome AMP for 5.1, lacks the matrix format ability of newer amps but to drive some nig low impeadance speakers hard it is surely hard to beat at £100! If it was black i would be very tempted! its the last of the proper Technics AV Amps built!

You might want to have a look at my 1803 in the classifieds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom