Help me make my mind up

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Reepicheep, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Reepicheep

Reepicheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    After much thought I have ditched the idea of getting a 24" WS in favour of a 28" :)

Now, this gives me a dilema - and I'm sure it's a question asked before on these boards - which 28"?

I want a set that I do not need to delve into the mystical realms of service menus and geometry adjustment!

The sets I have in mind are:

SHARP 28JW73H

TOSHIBA 28W23B

PHILIPS 28PW6006

PANASONIC TX28DK1

JVC AV28CT1S

OK, So I'm going to ask the audience on this one - so please press your keypads now and give me your thoughts :)

2. Reepicheep

Reepicheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    OK, I decided not to take the answer from the audience (I think they must have gone home anyway ;) )

I have just ordered a Panasonic TX28PL1 from Empire. It's slightly more money than I wanted to pay, but after seeing the picture quality in Comet and Currys I was hooked.

3. headache

headache

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand. You bought a set that wasn't even on your shortlist. You have some explaining to do.

I am going through the 24"WS or 28"WS do I?, don't I?, thing at the moment.
    Pany TK-28DK1 is favouite at the moment, although I have also looked at Philips 6006. Anyone know of this being due for replacement?

Any thoughts appreciated.