1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me make a choice.... Toshiba 42WH38 (my old dvd pio 626D)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by andro, Nov 20, 2003.

1. andro

andro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I'm going to appear very dumb here. I have no clue, have been trying to educate myself for the last hour on what Progressive scanning is and component connections.... My head is about to explode.

Please can someone help me out? :)

My work has offered me a TOSHIBA 42WH38 TV at £649 brand new installed in home. It is to me an offer too good to refuse. I have to make the choice before monday, to qualify to apply for it. So I'd appreciate some answers before the weekends up. cheers :)

I need some help I've read some reviews that this TV is a re-housed unit of the 42WH18 and does not do Progressive scanning.... Okay I'm going to sound dumb here, I understand progressive scanning is better than interlaced but will me DVD player have any problems with this?

I have an old DVD player and it is a Pioneer 626D, which as far as I can tell has no Component socket, but has SCART, composite and S-VIDEO.

My question here is if I buy this rear projection TV, If i connect the DVD player using either the S-Video or SCART, will the picture be fine? Bearing in mind this player probably does not have progressive play? and no component socket.

The long and short of this is....
    Do I need a new DVD player?
    Does this TV do Progressive Scanning? If so I will probably consider a new DVD player.
    If this TV does not do Progressive Scanning, does it really matter if I use my old DVD player?

I just don't want a TV and DVD player that have problems and flickers, etc.

Hope someone can help. My heads exploding :p hehehe.

Arghhh... As you can tell I'm not too interested in having the best setup as this isn't my hobbie, I just want a half decent setup with no problems.

Thankyou.
    All replies are soooooooooo appreciated...

Andy.

2. Alan_W

Alan_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Of no help to you............but are there any jobs going :D