1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me identify these, please....(pics)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by phillips321, Dec 17, 2004.

1. phillips321

phillips321

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, as you can see buy my post count im new here.

EDIT:(Both photos may not show up so you may have to refresh the page)

Im looking to identify these speakers that i have, and i want information on them so i know how good/bad they are.

The first pair of speakers are floorstanders and i paid £50 for them.
    They are Eltax Concept model 1399.
    [​IMG]

The second pair of speakers i have i only know to be Eagle bookshelf speakers.
    The qaulity of these feels very good and they are considerably heavy considering their size. I paid £70 for these.
    [​IMG]

So if any of you know anything about these speakers and how good or bad they are can you please help.

Also if you know of any websites can you please point me in the right direction.

Cheers guys (and gals)

P.s. I have checked eltax website and googled but cant find a thing.

2. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi the Eltax Concept model 1399 are good Stereo Speakers but dont no if thay would be any good for HC

3. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know anything about these specifically, but Eltax are probably one of the most underrated manufacturers around, and pound for pound make some very good speakers. I certainly don't think you'll do any better for £50, but if using them for HC be mindful of the fact that they may not be shielded so be careful about placing them where they might cause interference. And finding a matching centre speaker may be problematic. Best thing to do is actually contact Eltax.

Don't know anything about the Eagles I'm afraid.

At the end of the day, how do they sound to you? If they do the job for you then keep them , who cares what anyone else thinks about them? You've got 4 speakers for £120, you might have to spend quite a bit of dosh which you could otherwise spend on DVDs beer etc to better them.

4. phillips321

phillips321

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when i initially bought the eagle speakers they came from a DJ shop that has loads of expensive studio equiptment in. Are home audio speakers and studip speakers different because the Eagle speakers that i have may be for studio use?

Ive searched the net high and low for reference on these speakers but i cant find sod all.

5. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The eagles certainly look very nicely finished from your photo and together with the fact that they are quite heavy is indicative of good build quality. Manufacturers that pay attention to build quality usually do a pretty good job on the other aspects of speaker design.

The fact that they may be studio speakers isn't a problem per se as long as you like the sound of them. Do you? However, I doubt that they are studio speakers, studio speakers tend to be built for functionality rather than looks and the wood/wood effect cabinets would indicate that they are aimed at the home user rather than for sound professionals. But this is really conjecture, at the end of the day you have got to decide if you like the sound and how much more you would have to spend to better them and is that expenditure worthwhile.