Help me! How do i get Gran Turismo in 3D on Samsung ps50c7000

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Aldrums, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Aldrums

Aldrums
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hoping that someone has similar kit and has got GT5 working in 3d - i know there are threads on the forum that are similar but I can't for the life of me get GT5 working in true 3D on my recently purchased Samsung plasma - which incidentally is an absolute cracker of a set. Stunning Blu Ray playback through the ps3 - watched PlanetEarth blu ray and its breathtaking.

Anyway back to the problem - 3D on GT5.

So I have made sure display settings on the PS3 homepage are showing 50" and on the list it shows 720p and 1080p and also 720p 3D and 1080p 3D

I go into the game - I can't find the option for enabling 3D anywhere in the options? I've resorted to playing it 2D-3D conversion which Samsung does well but when I select the left/right 3D on samsung remote control rather than 2D-3D conversion it's shocking. Surely I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Aso I have got the Game Mode enabled on Samsung TV menu, but other than that I'm not sure where I'm going wrong....?

2. popyto

popyto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    ok am at work so I may be wrong appologies but try this.
    On GT5 go into the options menu second row down there are what looks like three control pads. go to the second row and keep tapping right on the d-pad you will see two tv icons appear one is for standard tv options the other is for 3d hope this helps.

3. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,334
    Yes, you are correct. 3D needs enabling in the game settings.
    Bit stupid really as it is quite a long winded way to enable/disable.

4. baas786

baas786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Aldrums

i got the same kit as yours i have done all the settings and can only play GT5 in 2D to 3D setting on the samsung.

did you get to to work in full 3D conversion setting on Samsunh PS50C7000?

5. debug77

debug77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    When you start the game, does it not come up "3D TV detected. Do you want to play in 3D?". I can't speak for the Samsung, but it certainly did that when connected to my Toshiba. I didn't have to enable anything, the game detected it automatically.

6. The Jamess

The Jamess
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Nope as suggested it's in the settings menu u have to turn it on also do not watch a 3d blu ray with game mode on as it mucks up the 3 d and makes it out of focus found this when watching shrek the other day :smashin:

7. baas786

baas786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    debugg77 yes the game did detect that i have a 3D tv so i accepted all settings accordingly. After that i had to enable 3D in GT5 settings and on the samsung. Only way i get it to work at the moment is when i use 2D to 3D conversion setting on the samsung. 3D does work but i dont know if it is optimal. Other settings on the Samsung is full 3D but the picture is out of focus

8. baas786

baas786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok got it right, once you enable the 3D setting in GT5 settings the TV detects that a 3D signal is being sent and automatically adjust itself to full 3D.