help me guys

gooner#14

Ex Member
Reaction score
Bright House my aRse. That is an absoute rip off. I've read some reviews on the Thomson 44" DLP and they have all been pretty poor to say the least. Your money would go much further with the Samsung 46" or the new SOny 50" DLP which Sony are selling for £1399 0% over 12 months and comes with the stand and 0% Interest. This new DLP can easily be found on this forum. Don't waste your money on that in my opinion.

Bright House are typically the most expensive places to buy low-spec equipment. They serve a very particular market segment. I really would exhaust all other options first....

ok options are exhausted is this tv really that badits hd ready prog scan and i really like it does anyone have any idea what model it is??,and by the way my seatong area will be around 12 feet from the tv would this be ok??

If you really have no other choice then go for it.

the model is a th44dl617 - As stated in the model page in the web site address and on the brighthouse catalogue.

The strange thing is , this tv is not on the thomsom website and the only hit google has on it is Brighthouse :confused:

I'd buy something else, and not from brighthouse

I wouldn't have thought so. I'm about 10 ft away from my TV and it WAS a 32" LCD but I have changed it to the Samsung SP46L6HX which should be arriving shortly. It certainly won't be too small if that's what you're worried about.

what do you think of the tv viper its hd ready so it should be a quality set shouldnt it?

Your money would go much further with the Samsung 46" or the new SOny 50" DLP...
The new Sony is a LCD set, not a DLP. I think viper knows this - just a typo... :)

Gooner - this Thomson was a set I auditioned when I was looking for my DLP. It did not cut the mustard compared to Samsung and Sagem. Like viper I ended up with the SP46. :smashin:

Check these two brands out as they are definitely leaders of the DLP pack.

gooner#14 said:
what do you think of the tv viper its hd ready so it should be a quality set shouldnt it?
If you get your fingers burnt blame yourself, you asked for advice and got it, dont ask advice but expect approval, you have been warned off, if you get the set thats ok, but remember there are much much better deals from quality manufacturers, if finance is the issue then just save your money,better to go without than pay for an expensive mistake.
ask any one who bought TINY.
sorry to appear abrupt, but the advice given here is priceless, that set looks expensive..

It is indeed well overpriced. Not to mention the 29.9% APR!!! :eek:

I know this isn't what you want to hear but you asked for an opinion and you got more than one. Personally, I wouldn't buy a TV or anything from Brighthouse for several reason.

29.9% APR as an absolute disgrace

I have never heard of them

Their website is awful and is full of mostly rubbish products

Even the basic price (before finance) is ridiculously over priced

I have a feeling that you are going to ignore our opinions. It wouldn't do any harm to look and try applying else where. Remember, each finance company will score you individually. This idea that all finance companies use an overall credit rating is a myth.

the_pauley said:
The new Sony is a LCD set, not a DLP. I think viper knows this - just a typo... :)

Gooner - this Thomson was a set I auditioned when I was looking for my DLP. It did not cut the mustard compared to Samsung and Sagem. Like viper I ended up with the SP46. :smashin:

Check these two brands out as they are definitely leaders of the DLP pack.

Yeah, I did mean LCD, thanks :thumbsup:

i know im paying over the top but that is where b h make there money ! any one know where i could view 1??

The reason you'll find it difficult to view one is that the likes of Comet and Co. are no longer stocking them as they don't compare favourably to the latest DLPs from Sagem and Samsung.

I auditioned this TV a few months back and it was very quickly scratched off the list.

You've been warned by several people on here about the TV and the dealership, but seem determined to go ahead and pay well over the odds for a set that it is far from the best DLP has to offer.

Good luck! :hiya:

so what exactley was it that put you off pauley im off to bh at weekend with my sky+ and dvd snugly under my arm but i wondered where you seen it?

PQ was nowhere near as good as other sets I had tested. Simple as that.

the_pauley said:
PQ was nowhere near as good as other sets I had tested. Simple as that.

I desperate person is not a fussy person :)

Good Luck Gooner :smashin:

this is ithttp://www.thomson-europe.nl/EU_EN/image.php?page=details&rubr=Projection+TV,DLP+projection+TV,44DLW616
was told by thomson that its brand new thats why i cannot find anything on it going in to b/h tomorrow to see it

Looks OK and the spec isn't bad. If that is your only option at £1, 400 plus ridiculous interest charges then go for it. Have they already approved your finance?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom