1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me guys! Need a new TV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jenny, Nov 12, 2003.

1. jenny

jenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys...my names Jenny, im a woman with no idea on what TV to buy! Help me pllllleeease!!!!

I just want a decent 32 inch widescreen TV that doesnt bugger up after 6 months. The quality of the picture is the most important concern and i dont want bleeding, convrgence and all these other sickly things you guys talk about happening to my lovely new TV!

I want: A 32" 50hz (ive been told 100hz is no good) and a flatscreen.

My constraints are:

1. Budget is around £600.

2. I will be using the TV to watch my analogue NTL cable.

3. I dont have a DVD player at the mo, but may buy one some day.

4. I have no interest in Dolby sound (is that right??!) a normal nicam would do me fine.

I have spoken to my men friends who have suggested the Panasonic TX32PS1 and the JVC AV32R25 and the AV32T67EK

Any other suggestions much appreciated. Thanks guys

;)

2. ibrox

ibrox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jenny.
    The philips 6517 seems suitable.

However,I recommend you read the "Help for a Newbie" thread which I started a few months ago.Also onzey has a thread currently ongoing about a problem with the T.V stand so if you decide to go for the philips ensure the stand has been changed over.

Also if you buy a Nicam sound T.V you can buy an all in one system which does the double job of being a DVD player + an improved sound system at a later date.
    (More info on thread mentioned above)
    Also there is a seperate section on all in one systems on this forum.

Use www.pricerunner.co.uk to compare prices for any T.V but watch out as some will give you a free 3yr warranty,some free delivery and you need to check what is the cheapest option.
    Also Costco was doing the 6517 for £587 with free 3 yr warranty but you need to uplift + arrange installation.

Also kelkoo have a price comparison site.

That should help a bit.
    Good luck.

3. jenny

jenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Ibrox...

Ive been doing some digging myself online and have fallen in love with the JVC AV32R25. (It looks very sexy!)

Does anybody know anything about this model? Is it reliable? Is the picture any good?

Any help much appreciated.

Jenny.