Help me get my 5 year warranty certificate!

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an email address fo someone at Arcam that deals with product registration? I've had my DV27A for about a year now but still haven't received my warranty certificate and no one at Arcam seem to be bothered to do anything about it. I occasionally get a reply asking for further details so they can look into it but after I supply the info. I never hear another thing. I contact them again and the same thing happens so I'm close to giving up!

If anyone could give me the email of the person who deals with this rather than info@arcam then hopefully I might get somewhere.

Hi,

I'm in the same boat, 2 try's so far, so certificate. Last reply was from [email protected], so you could try that one. I've just replied again now asking when I will get a certificate for my DV29 also bought last year.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go. The funny thing is I got the certificate for my P35 within a couple of weeks of sending it off earlier this year. Perhaps Arcam aren't so keen to give cover on their dvd players!

LFCRules,
Please take this as light hearted as I love my Arcam gear also (top notch gear) but I have got to interject at this point and say that my brand new Arcam DV29 worked fine for about 4 months when unexpectedly it decided to only play certain cd disks. As months progressed it eventually flat refused to recognise any cd's when inserted - dvd playback was fine. To cut a long story short my unit was repaired by the authorised Arcam dealer with the whole laser assembly and motorised disk tray unit being replaced. With the unit retailing at $ 4700 in Australia , I'd hate to think what this repair would have cost if it was outside the warranty period !! Now that it all works again I'm happy but feeling very cautious about any future incidences - I won't hold my breath though !!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Could I suggest that people register their Arcam products online and print out their acknowledgement. That way, should anything go wrong after the initial two year period, at least you have proof of registration.

Yep, I've got a copy of my acknowledgement safe. It is just poor that Arcam don't respond to repeated queries on something as simple as a certificate. Even if I got it back I'd probably just lose it anyway :rolleyes: , but getting a reponse would be nice.

Hopefully I will be enjoying my DV29 forever and a day anyway and never have to use the warranty. Like I was last night watching Batman Begins on the projector, damn fine film, and a cracking picture and soundtrack, especially the daylight scenes at the start showing amazing detail :smashin:

Cheers

Andy

From the comments above, does this mean that after filling out the online registration I should be getting a warenty certificate in the post?

remix_88 said:
From the comments above, does this mean that after filling out the online registration I should be getting a warenty certificate in the post?

Only for FMJ products which come with a 5 year extended warranty after registering them. The DiVA products which you have come with a standard 2 year warranty.

Can you imagine the response if Arcam didn't fix a FMJ unit within the 5 year period?

This forum is all you need.

Thanks for the feedback.

Got my 5-year certificate yesterday for my P7. approx. 8-weeks after buying and registering the product. I did send an email to Arcam asking them when I would receive it, but in all honesty, I don't know if this impacted anything.
:thumbsup:

Don't know if this will help, but the emails I sent asking about my certificate were sent via the Technical Support link on their web site. Got an answer the next day promising my certificate within 6-weeks. Sure enough, that's how long it took, but I have no idea why it takes so long to mail out a piece of paper!

Sparky66 said:
LFCRules,
Please take this as light hearted as I love my Arcam gear also (top notch gear) but I have got to interject at this point and say that my brand new Arcam DV29 worked fine for about 4 months when unexpectedly it decided to only play certain cd disks. As months progressed it eventually flat refused to recognise any cd's when inserted - dvd playback was fine. To cut a long story short my unit was repaired by the authorised Arcam dealer with the whole laser assembly and motorised disk tray unit being replaced. With the unit retailing at $ 4700 in Australia , I'd hate to think what this repair would have cost if it was outside the warranty period !! Now that it all works again I'm happy but feeling very cautious about any future incidences - I won't hold my breath though !!! :eek: :rolleyes:
Sounds like exactly the same problem as I have with my dv27a (link). And in the same time frame (4 months). I bought it ex-demo and had it upgraded from dv27.

I wonder if my 1 year manufacturer warranty can also be extended. :confused:

I had the same problem. When i called the customer service department of Arcam I was told that it takes so long because just one person at Arcam is responsible for sending the warranty certificates. After that i had called whithin 2 weeks i recieved my warranty certificates (FMJ A32/T31).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom