Help me fit my filter to my PE100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dunkwho, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I've just received a 62mm HMC FLD Hoya filter with a 55/62 conversion ring, and a 55mm non HMC FLD Hoya to use with my panasonic pe100. Long story as to why I've ended up with both options but essentially the HMC 55 I ordered turned out to be unavailable. I'm having trouble fitting either of these setups to my projector - neither has thread long enough to take on the threaded section of the focus ring. I've read about putting some tape around the 55mm filter, is the idea to make it a push fit into the ring? The opening of my focus ring has a sloping inner edge, will this grip?

Maybe someone has some photos they can point me to? Ideally I'd like to be able to use the HMC setup with the adaptor ring, anyone else using a step-up ring with this projector?

Thanks
    Duncan.

2. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Hold the filter in place whilst wrapping electrical tape (works for me) around edge of filter & projector lens casing.

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If you're using the 55mm filter just put a sliver of masking tape on the edge of the filter (oabout an inch or so) then it will fit snugly just inside the front of the lens assembly on the AE100 - mine's been there for the last 18 months or so....

Sean