Help me finish GUN

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by akane_1984, Mar 29, 2006.

1. akane_1984

akane_1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    Hi i completed GUN last night and i think it is very underrated game it goes to show that a strong story and good gameplay can take precident over next gen graphics. game doesn't have to look next gen to play well.

anyways, what i want help with is that now ive completed game i want to finish all side missions all i need is 3 more gold locations and one more weapon to find i have unlocked the nock shotgun of magruder at end but is their another weapon out there i am missing?

can someone post any helpful information. links wont work due to being in work so any information could i request it be pasted in thanks. if anyone would like to use this as thread to praise or moan about the game they can do this too.

2. SoleFever

SoleFever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    First of all let me just say i couldent agree with you more, i rented gun a few days ago and had a great time playing it, something about the story that made me want more, great game and as you say very underated.

Aneyway i may be able to help with the weapon side of things, do you have the Macgruder's cannon shotgun?

3. akane_1984

akane_1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    i have secret weapon called the NOCK which i seem to have got of magruder after final fight. .

the actual story was very well thought out. nice twists and turns i never would have guess that condemned house on badlands plains was your birth home haha nice touch. best mission for me had to split between first steamboat fight or taking down hoodoo.

4. T800

T800

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    I loved this game.

Try www.gamefaq.com for walkthroughs, maps etc.

Then try it on the really hard setting.

5. SoleFever

SoleFever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Well sounds to me like you are missing Macgruder's cannon shotgun. To get it you need to complete the game with a 100% rating, so basically finish the stroy mode and all side missions.

6. akane_1984

akane_1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    aaah so wont worry bout all guns achievement for mean time then. only side missions i have left are pony express, deputy and bounty hunter all in 80/90% completion range. so not far to go.

can somone paste in gold locations for me, ive only 3 left to find.

7. Steve-L

Steve-L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Goldmine #1 Head towards the ferry operator in Dodge City, turning west to follow the cliffs to the
    vein of the valuable mineral.
    Goldmine #2 Go down the ramps and paths to the waters edge below the bridge in Dodge City,
    locating the gold on the west bank of the river.
    Goldmine #3 Go north of the bridge area on the west bank of the river, looking for the Gold stashed
    along the raised path.
    Goldmine #4 Still on the west bank of the river below the bridge, go northward to find a cave hiding a
    pile of the lovely yellow mineral.
    Goldmine #5 In Empire City, head northwest along the riverbed to find a pile of gold in the open.
    Goldmine #6 Leave Empire City, going across the bridge in the north, turning west to find some rock
    steppes leading up to a stash of gold in a small outcropping of rocks.
    Goldmine #7 Leave Empire City, entering the dry riverbed to head west, looking at the northern cliffs
    for a cave holding a gold bonanza.
    Goldmine #8 Leave Empire City, entering the dry riverbed to head west, looking at the northern cliffs
    Goldmine #9 Leave Empire City, entering the dry riverbed to head west, looking at the northern cliffs
    Goldmine #10 To the south of Piper lake is a rough trail leading up to some sparse trees, one of which
    hides gold with the scrubby branches.
    Goldmine #11 Take the trail west of Piper Lake to find a near abandoned mine area, looking down the
    riverbed for the gold.
    Goldmine #12 Continue through the canyon mentioned in Goldmine #11, climbing the rocky cliff trails
    to find the gold across from the large tree.
    Goldmine #13 At the base of the waterfall in the River Canyon is where some more free money can be
    obtained.
    Goldmine #14 In the miner’s camp in the River Canyon, go fall down the hole with the waterfall, finding
    a mound of gold lying around.
    Goldmine #15 Right along Lake Piper is a wet mound of shiny yellow money, just waiting for collection.
    Goldmine #16 Near the Indian Trader is a waterfall, hiding the sparkling gold from view.
    Goldmine #17 South of the Indian Trader and west of Piper Lake on a set of rocks is some gold hidden
    from view from below.
    Goldmine #18 The pass between Empire City and Piper Lake holds a small cubby cave of gold, just
    waiting for mining.
    Goldmine #19 The trestle bridge south of Empire City hides gold from almost all that go by, so look
    carefully.
    Goldmine #20 East of Empire City is a small canyon, with gold lying right by the entrance to said
    canyon.
    Goldmine #21 Deeper into the canyon east of Empire City is another lovely lump of the valuable
    mineral.
    Goldmine #22 Follow the tracks east out of Empire City, watching the northern rockface for gold sitting
    out in the open.
    Goldmine #23 Continue east from Empire City along the tracks, finding a junction in the distance
    where a train tunnel has an outcropping of gold sitting above.
    Goldmine #24 East of Golmine#23 on the far side of the tracks is another easy to get mound of gold.
    Goldmine #25 Just south of the bridge out of Dodge City, look along the escarpment for the nuggets.
    Goldmine #26 Follow the barely visible path up the hilly area west of Dodge City to arrive at some
    available gold.
    Goldmine #27 Head into Apache territory, right around the area the war canoe ambush occurred
    during the Whore Coach portion of the story mode to find a path winding up a hill to find
    gold.
    Goldmine #28 Continue up the path in Goldmine#27, reaching a plateau above where Colton can look
    for a flat rock spire to jump to, followed by dropping to the ledge below to get the gold.
    Goldmine #29 In the old mine area northwest of Dodge City is a mound of gold lying behind a large
    structure up on a ledge.
    Goldmine #30 Look along the large rock face in the northern portion of the Badlands for some gold
    partially buried in the dirt.
    Goldmine #31 Underneath the more western rock plateau in the badlands is a mine with gold inside.
    Goldmine #32 Underneath the more western rock plateau in the badlands is a mine with gold inside.
    Goldmine #33 In the old mine area is a mound with a gold pile on it.
    Goldmine #34 Look outside Magruder’s Mine near the gate to find the gold in a fairly open area.
    Goldmine #35 Southwest of Magruder’s Mine is a railway track passing though a tunnel, so take the
    trail up to the top of the entrance, finding the gold hidden behind some boulders.
    Goldmine #36 Head into the Northern Rockies south of the Indian Hunter, finding a cave with gold
    inside.
    Goldmine #37 Northwest of the Indian Hunter is a small hill with rocks hiding some gold.
    Goldmine #38 North of Piper Lake is a hill with a tree and rocks hiding the gold.
    Goldmine #39 At the end of the river in front of Hollister’s Fort is gold (located near the cave entrance
    to the fort).
    Goldmine #40 Inside the cave that leads into Hollister’s Fort.
    Goldmine #41 In the clearing where Colton met Honest Tom, looking near the water in the northeast
    portion of the area.
    Goldmine #42 Along the walls of the valley where Colton met Honest Tom, look behind rocks above
    the racing track.
    Goldmine #43 On the trail leading to the Blackfoot Camp, coming up from the ferry.
    Goldmine #44 Between the Apache camp and the old mines, look for a shallow stream leading into a
    dead end where some Gold lies in wait of an inquisitive rider.

8. SoleFever

SoleFever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
  9. hillster

hillster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I agree also, underated IMO. Only playing it on the PS2 as I didn't want to fork out £45-£50 for it on the 360.

Wonder if they'll make a follow up? I doubt it as western game don't sell well apparently. Red Dead Revolver was enjoyable too

10. Steve-L

Steve-L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    I got it 2nd hand in the classifieds for £30 :smashin:

Would love to see a sequel, but like you say that would depend on current sales. If they had spent a bit more time on the 360 GFX it may have sold a fair few more - some people just write it off after taking one look :(

11. akane_1984

akane_1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    agree friend wrote it off after just seeing me ride into dodge for first time. mean how can you judge game from that?

i dont think they will make a sequel for same particular character but in way GTA do things they could make up whole new western world either linking back to dodge and empire or brand new story. but dif keep it western too many future or modern era combat games about GUN was a nice change. Horse riding was my favorite part being able to fire rifle from horseback and demount an enemy with one shot.

12. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I bought this the other day for £15 and I have to say it is A1....For all you out there who haven't played I highly recommend it (especially if you like the good old Clint Eastwood movies) Like Steve L says it would be great if there were a follow up anyone know if it is likely ?????

13. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    This was one of the first games I played when I got my 360 and then completed on all difficulties - I just loved it!

Yeah the graphics arn't fantastic, but the voice over's were good and the story was brilliant with some good boss battles.

I brought it from play asia as it was region free (£23) delivered.

All this talk about it has made me put it back on the play list:smashin:

14. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I haven't quite finished it yet but as Buff Daddy says the graphics aren't A1 but everything else about it is terrific.....With my missus away I can see me finishing it in the next couple of days would be great if there was a sequel planned!!!!