Help me find the fastest android streaming box

Mooseh

Novice Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a philips OLED TV which is great but runs on their own Saphi OS. The only thing is you cant stream live TV from the apps.

Im currently using an Amazon Firestick to watch Live TV on the apps but it is a little slow to load.

I want to know which is the fastest loading/streaming device I can get to speed things up a little?

Many thanks!

nvidia shield, assuming you mean speed loading apps & going through menus.

nvidia shield, assuming you mean speed loading apps & going through menus.
Yes I mean initial loading time and app loading time.

The nvidia shield is quite expensive, is there an alternative?

There are many alternatives but they won’t be the fastest as you originally asked.
The shield pro is meant to be one of the best out there and you can also play games on it if you require.
If you’re going cheap or cheaper then put a max price you want to spend and someone may offer a solution for that price. GL :smashin:

There are many alternatives but they won’t be the fastest as you originally asked.
The shield pro is meant to be one of the best out there and you can also play games on it if you require.
If you’re going cheap or cheaper then put a max price you want to spend and someone may offer a solution for that price. GL :smashin:
I was thinking around £50, thanks

For £50 then you are going to be limited by "chinese" android boxes. They will be ok, but having had a few. Don't expect many updates, they just bring out a new box.
Netflix in a lot of cases is limited by lack of license.
Note, the shield doesn't have a All4 app.
I find the firestick is fast through menus. There are ways to increase the internal storage, get ethernet instead of wifi. Troypoint is a good place to google.

For a good list of Android boxes read this link

For £50 then you are going to be limited by "chinese" android boxes. They will be ok, but having had a few. Don't expect many updates, they just bring out a new box.
Netflix in a lot of cases is limited by lack of license.
Note, the shield doesn't have a All4 app.
I find the firestick is fast through menus. There are ways to increase the internal storage, get ethernet instead of wifi. Troypoint is a good place to google.

For a good list of Android boxes read this link

Is firestick 4k a lot faster than the older models?

That chart has it at ultra performance

Is firestick 4k a lot faster than the older models?

That chart has it at ultra performance
I don't know if it's faster, I only have the 4K

Think I'll go for the fire TV cube 2nd gen. This is quite fast?

I don't know, have you seen the chigz youtube review?

I use a Roku streamingStick plus but not for live TV.. it’s plenty fast enough for me but whether it does the live TV you want, you’ll have to check first.
under £50.

I use a Roku streamingStick plus but not for live TV.. it’s plenty fast enough for me but whether it does the live TV you want, you’ll have to check first.
under £50.
Thanks, the live tv is a must and I wanted it considerably faster than my older firestick

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom