Help me find Finnis 'Karhu' Beer in UK

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
I was on holiday to finland last year and came across the most amazing beer i have tasted . . which is alot!

'Karhu' (finnish for bear) was the smoothest most refreshing amber nectar I have ever tasted. Ive workd/drank beer in well over 65 countries so beleive me this is awesome.

Problem is I cant find it in the UK or anyone that will import it. I tried online places but they only have maybe 1 brand of Finn beer but not Karhu.

Pricing is comparable with a can on Stell A . . but for import i could pay more.

Help me AVF :lease:

Iccz

Beers of Europe usually have a good selection but only have:
Beers of Europe Ltd - Finnish Beer

You could try contacting them to see if they can source some...

I know quite a few people over in Finland who all drink Lapin Kulta and also Koff I think it is, I have heard of Karhu too, but can't find anywhere to buy it, sorry!

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
Still not found the beer :eek:

Any super duper beer importers know where to get me this???

HALPS

:devil:

Peridot

Posted a similar question some time ago in relation to 'Dreher' beer that I'd greatly enjoyed on holidays in Budapest, but a Hungarian ex-pat member assured me that is couldn't be found in the UK.

Frustrating isn't it, when so much crap beer is imported :(

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
I realise you posted this 6 months ago, but I've not seen this site before. Looks like a good find. Any recommendations? I'm fed up with the usual supermarket sourced stuff and fancy something a bit different.
Most are worth a try. Some similar sites do a sample case, with 1 of many types in the case.

Taste is very subjective so what I like you might hate. Sampling is always fun :D especially over the xmas period.

majnu

I was on holiday to finland last year and came across the most amazing beer i have tasted . . which is alot!

'Karhu' (finnish for bear) was the smoothest most refreshing amber nectar I have ever tasted. Ive workd/drank beer in well over 65 countries so beleive me this is awesome.

Problem is I cant find it in the UK or anyone that will import it. I tried online places but they only have maybe 1 brand of Finn beer but not Karhu.

Pricing is comparable with a can on Stell A . . but for import i could pay more.

Help me AVF :lease:
I think that I saw that particular brand in Holland when I was living there. Maybe it's a brand which is available to the Nordic countries? It may be worth while catching a cheap ferry to Rotterdam and filling your car with the stuff and catching a ferry back the same day. Do some research first though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom