Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help me find a TH42PWD6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by bigval, Jan 20, 2005.

1. bigval

bigval

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Want one of these screens. Want to be able to buy a package and order online. Would like to have a stand and some input cards included. Scart at least. Also some speakers.

Cant find an online dealer doing it. I have found one with wallmount but no stand.

Anyone help

2. robbleiper

robbleiper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Try nexnix.co.uk

3. bigval

bigval

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    have done, but they only have the wall mount in their package :(

4. 406lx

406lx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Think it will be nigh impossible to find your package, especially with the pw6 being discontinued.

5. frazell

frazell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bigval, why dont u buy the nexnix package, sell the wall mount in the classifieds and buy a stand from av-sales?

The longer u wait before buying the PWD6 the more chance of them all being sold as there is only a limited number left!

6. jonl1973

jonl1973
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You could do what I've just done - get the PWD6 from Richer Sounds at £1299.99 (make sure you point them at the website - the in-store price has gone up to 1499.99, at least in Bristol) Then get a stand, a RGB->VGA converter and a decent quality VGA lead from www.av-sales.co.uk for just under £300.

My screen arrived yesterday and the av-sales bits and bobs today. Spent an hour or so this morning putting it all together which was easier than I expected (so scared of breaking something!) and it's all working brilliantly!

That way you're free to buy whatever speakers you like for as much or as little as you want. I've got an Acoustic Energy Aego P5 system that I've had for a couple of years anyway so didn't need to buy any extra sound stuff.

7. the_dancer

the_dancer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Product Information...
    Panasonic PWD6BX 42in WVGA Silver Plasma Bundle With Toshiba SD44 DVD Home Cinema System
    Customer Rating:

Order Code: PAN-PLA4 Manf. Code:

Description

This 42" Panasonic Plasma builds on the advances in flat screen image reproduction technology made with the 5 series. Panasonic have revamped their Real Black Drive technology to produce the industries highest contrast ratio of 4000:1.

Also includes a Composite/S-Video/Component video board, which lets you connect a wide range of input sources from composite video S-video and component video signals to RGB signals. 1xS-Video input (Y/C), 2xBNC composite video (IN/OUT), 5xBNC component/analogue RGB input, 2xRCA audio inputs (L/R).

This stunning package also includes the Toshiba SD44 DVD Home Cinema System, an all in one, stylish, hassle free, complete cinema package which comprises of a DVD player, sub woofer and 5 separate speakers to create the ultimate surround sound experience.

But thats not all! You also get a tilting wall mount to position this amazing screen anywhere you like.

Main Features:
    - Panasonic 42-inch black plasma display.
    - FREE Composite/S-Video/Component video board.
    - FREE slim-line tilting plasma wall mount.
    - FREE Toshiba SD44 DVD Home Cinema System, (supplied with composite video cables and BNC adapter to allow connection to plasma video board).

:hiya: http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?PAN-PLA4 :hiya: :oops: just noticed it's a :censored: 6bx model but there you go anyway

8. D_Duke

D_Duke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the nexnix package on Friday and asked them to replace wall mount with desk stand. Said ok for £25+Vat more. Deal done, just waiting for delivery.

9. bigval

bigval

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    So you took delivery and then phoned and asked to swap?
    What about sending the wallmount back? How much does that cost?

10. robbleiper

robbleiper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Sorry Bigval.... should have said in my original post. They swapped the wallmount for the desk top stand when I ordered. I also ditched the hitachi cinema kit and ordered JS rgb->vga Convertor.

They were pretty flexible when I ordered and am of the opinion the packs are just a guide.

(Wasn't even a problem when I decided I didn't need the panny scart board afterall, were more than happy to do me a deal for JS Master Scart switcher and Component board instead, all i had to do was pay to return it - Brilliant Service!!!)

11. D_Duke

D_Duke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, I never took delivery. I made the order late Thu evening on the web page for the bundle. called first thing friday am to ensure they had my order and asked them to intercept and change order before they sent it to me.

I also didn't require hitachi but the figures without it weren't mush different so I took it. Can use it somewhere in the house.