• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help Me Find A Replacement for Onkyo HTX-22HD

Dean08

I've had an Onkyo HTX-22HD for a year or so now. Nice piece of kit but I do find the fan noise a pain when it kicks in, especially during quiet passages in a film when I can hear the fans when seated about 8-9 feet away :mad:

I also get an irritating buzzing/humming noise if I set the listening mode to theatre mode.

I'm looking for a replacement 2.1 speaker system that either has no fans at all or is much quieter than the Onkyo HTX-22HD.

Can anyone make any suggestions or help me build a shortlist?

The speaker system will need two HDMI input sources, for my Humax DVR Freesat box and PS3, and one HDMI output to a Samsung series 6 TV.

Not too fussed about budget, I'm just looking for a really quiet, good quality 2 speaker system.

Thanks.

Dean08

I don't have the SKS-11.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom