Help me design new build living room (pics inc)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by stevied3268, Sep 11, 2012.

1. stevied3268

stevied3268

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi All,

We have just bought a new build house and move in around December time. As the electrician hasnt even been in yet i would like to design my living room for AV equipment (after getting the sign off from the OH :smashin:).

As you can see there in pic1 there is no mantle piece with new builds these days so i want to wall mount the TV as the main feature opposite the sofa and mount a projector in the middle of the room. Then have the projector screen just above the recess wall so you cant see much of it behind the curtain rail, then when we shut the blinds we can pull down the screen.

The only issue with the design pic2 that i can see (please point out other issues) is the placement of my 5.1 speakers. Obivously i can only setup the audio for sitting on 1 sofa (looking at the TV) or the other (looking at the projector screen).

Any thoughts appreciated as i will need to get the electrician to work his magic before the plastering begins so i can hide all the wires etc and get facia plates put in.

Thanks
    Steve

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. stevied3268

stevied3268

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I should of stated that my amp is a sony str800 along with tannoy sfx 5.1 speakers, 2 speakers have stands.

3. stevied3268

stevied3268

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7