1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me decide !!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by cjob68, Mar 17, 2003.

1. cjob68

cjob68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    My dealer was nice enough to let me take some subs home to compare side by side and I need to return them tomorrow. However , I'm still having a hard time deciding. I did some testing using Matrix, U-571 , and music ( Rage Against the Machine and Dixie Chicks ) . However , I'm still not totally decided.

Paradigm Ps-1000 ( rear port firing )
    - seemed to be the best for movies ( at least during the save Morpheus scene and the depth charges scene ) . By best I mean it seemed to really shake the house and you could feel it on your chest.
    - music it wasn't as good especially anything that was fast

B&W ASW600 ( front firing )
    - faired very well with the movies
    - awesome for music

Velodyne CHT100 ( front firing )
    - faired well for movies
    - great for music

Thus the delema .... has anyone else had a chance to own one of these or try them out and what did they think ?

Thanks In Advance !

2. Jonathan West

Jonathan West

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems like you've answered your own question looking at your comments - you like the B&W don't you!

3. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    One question you maybe should ask yourself ... do you prefer music without any sub? If so ... then the Paradigm seamed to be (to your mind) the best for movies.

Vikki

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Having taken three subs home and tried them out in your own surroundings you have made the comments that you have and are still undecided.

According to your ears, the B&W fared very well with movies and was awesome with music. A little fine tuning and you could possibly upgrade the movie performance to awesome as well.

It seems to me that you have decided in you own mind so follow your own instincts and buy the one that you felt was best.