First things first, my criteria:

-No more than £400.
-Must be no less than 26" and no more than 32"
-Will be in my bedroom
-The sole purpose (99% of the reason i'm getting it) is for the Playstation 3
-Must have at least 1 HDMI slot

Thats about it.
I have come across 2 which seem really good, THIS ONE and THIS ONE

I dont know whether to flow with the better brand name or take a risk and go for the unknown TV with its undiscovered brilliances (i didnt make that up, its a big hit HERE. But no one seems to have tested it with the PS3 which is concerning.

May i also ask what is 1:1 Pixel Mapping and why is it important?

One last thing, i can buy online or high street (i have yet to check out Makro which are usually good with TV's)

Please reply :)

ChazUK

Standard Member
1:1 pixel mapping is mainly to do with PC input. If a TV is set to display at 1:1 it means that the display from the computer is not being scaled and is being displayed pixel-for-pixel on your TV. Scaling can reduce the image quality making it blur, so 1:1 pixel mapping is sharper.

leeince

Distinguished Member
out of those two i would go for the LG because it has a higher contrast ratio and i generally staw away from off brands.

Gedd

out of those two i would go for the LG because it has a higher contrast ratio and i generally staw away from off brands.

Also take note of warranty...as a lot of branded offer 1yr and expect £100+ for an extended warranty....Hannspree 2yr warranty and many many happy customers including me....don't think by buying a branded LCD it will be faultless....as they all have their niggles....whatever LCD you choose make sure you do your homework on what you want to use it for before you buy.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom