Help me decide which Panasonic recorder to get, please.

P

pgres

I want to get a DVD recorder and a friend told me I should get a DMR E50. I have been looking around and it seems that the E50 is well worth getting but I would like to know what the difference is between the E50 and the E60. Is the E60 a better machine and if it is then how much more expensive would it be? Also have read that the 50 and 60 are to be replaced by the 55 and 65. Does anyone know how much better these new machines will be and how much more expensive they are likely to be. Should I go for the E50?

Depends on what you want to do. I went for the e60 as it's got a firewire for my camcorder. The e50 doesn't have that.

Regards

Dude

I have the E50 and have like it.
The E60 has firewire (as stated) and a card reader.

Regarding the new models I suspect that they will not be available for a couple of months (April/May), and initially they will not be less than RRP.

Steve

Unless you want pal progressive scan there is little differnce between the old and new models, maybe the older models will be reduced in price so there may be some bargains around, oh and the new models are due in march

Frank

E100 is the best (albeit the most expensive..!!!)

You pays ya money and takes ya choice...........:lesson:

Just bought a panasonic DMRE60 dead easy to use. Best £334 I've spent in a long time.

Love my E60. The added functionality of being able to use a PC card and having DV in is well worth it if you're into digital video and/or photography.

if you can stretch your budget to just over £500 i would get the HS2 ........I was in the same predicament as you a couple of weeks ago, and after reading many threads on this forum I decided to go for the HS2.....it as everything the E50 or E60 has to offer plus it has a HDD (40gb) which believe me you will find invaluable......have a good think about the extra capabilities and im sure you`ll agree the extra cost is money well spent.

was just wondering whats the compatibility of the e50 and e60 on playing dvd-r films as ive got the dont laugh phillips 880 and when playing them they keep getting stuck just on that machine playes fine on my others so compatibility is a must

The 880 is hopeless.Bin it and enjoy trouble free viewing with Panasonic

'Nother vote for the HS2. The best piece of kit I've ever bought. Simple user interface, RGB in, DV in, and the ability to edit out commercials and so on the HDD before dubbing to DVD-R/RAM. I'm now into quite a fixed routine of setting several things to copy from Sky+ overnight, and then dividing, partial erasing so as to dub the following day.

Originally posted by phelings
The 880 is hopeless.Bin it and enjoy trouble free viewing with Panasonic

I think your transformation from + to - is now complete Phelings! (grin!!!) (mischieviously remembering comments from a time and place long, long ago...!)

As mentioned, if you can stretch to it, an HS2 is utterly perfect; With the E50 / 60, the biggest problem with recording onto RAM is what to do with it once you've recorded it.
With a Hard Drive incorporated, you do all editing (like trimming out adverts) very quickly and easily, and only transfer to dvd-r when you're finally happy and wanting to keep it.

Cheers

i think i might just wait to see what new models come out in the next few months but the hs2 does sounds tempting well looks like a few more days of thinking thanks for all the help

You'll be waiting forever then, as they're always bringing out more models...
But this can work to your advantage. I paid £830 for a multiregion HS2 after endless trawling through web pages for the best price.
I think it's at least £230 cheaper now... just 12 months later.

your right wellsi i might as well splash out not and i think i will get myself the hs2 let you no what i think when i get it thanks for advice

Mate,
You will utterly love it.

just to let you know.........i got my HS2 from LETS GO DIGITAL a couple of weeks ago and paid £539 (including delivery).......they offer a first class sevice IMO ( ordered at 2.30pm on thursday and took delivery at 10.00am the next morning).
they may not be the rock bottom cheapest, but theres only a couple of quid between the cheapest suppliers and this company has the best reviews IMO( see pricerunner reviews).

hope this helps you decide........cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom