Help me decide which of these 65" TV to get?

i2pm

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm looking at these 3 TV models from Currys all from different brands. Samsung, LG, and Sony. Which of these models would you recommend out of the 3 and why? Or if you have a better suggestion e.g. a slightly cheaper TV or a slightly more expensive TV you think is better please let me know also.

SAMSUNG QE65Q60TAUXXU 65"

SONY BRAVIA KE65XH8096BU 65"

LG 65NANO756PA 65"

Check the guide

What content will be used? Viewing angles?

I personally wouldn’t buy from Currys if TV available at Richer Sounds, John Lewis or a local independent

Check the guide

What content will be used? Viewing angles?

I personally wouldn’t buy from Currys if TV available at Richer Sounds, John Lewis or a local independent
Just watching streaming sites such as Netflix, Amazon prime. TV shows and movies, all day use.
Centre + side viewing angles.

I'm only looking at Currys because i'm stuck with a £500 gift card.

Ok if side viewing angles, you’ll need to check. Do you have Netflix premium? On any of those the HDR content won’t be very watchable
Fair enough on Currys

Check what the guide says about HDR performance.
If can up budget by a chunk, look at the Sony XH9505

Good advice already from Vick. You really have to set your eyes higher I'm afraid if you want to use HDR on the TV and not get problems like the picture being too dark/washed out. Even mid tier TVs in the guide fall short in this department, ideally you need high tier like the Sony XH9505.

Sticking strictly to a budget the Hisense U7Q has some shortcomings, but can get twice as bright than the competition at a similar price point, so in some HDR titles it will look okay.

Q60T is in the section: TVs to avoid. Determine panel type first as the guide is then separated based on that.

Good advice already from Vick. You really have to set your eyes higher I'm afraid if you want to use HDR on the TV and not get problems like the picture being too dark/washed out. Even mid tier TVs in the guide fall short in this department, ideally you need high tier like the Sony XH9505.

Sticking strictly to a budget the Hisense U7Q has some shortcomings, but can get twice as bright than the competition at a similar price point, so in some HDR titles it will look okay.

Q60T is in the section: TVs to avoid. Determine panel type first as the guide is then separated based on that.
I saw the XH92 65" on Currys for £950 but the XH95 is £1400 which is way too much of a price difference.

XH92:

XH95:

Do you know what the main differences are between the XH92 and XH95? Any idea why the XH95 is a lot more pricey?

Last edited:
I saw the XH92 65" on Currys for £950 but the XH95 is £1400 which is way too much of a price difference.

XH92:

XH95:

Do you know what the main differences are between the XH92 and XH95? Any idea why the XH95 is a lot more pricey?
XH9005/XH92 is a mid tier tv, can’t get bright enough for HDR. So if you watch anything with HDR, it is likely to have issues.

XH9505 is a top tier tv, superb HDR and often recommended on here.

Try seeing them in person if you can.
I would either buy a cheap tv and accept if will be cheerful: or invest in something like the XH9505.

XH9005/XH92 is a mid tier tv, can’t get bright enough for HDR. So if you watch anything with HDR, it is likely to have issues.

XH9505 is a top tier tv, superb HDR and often recommended on here.

Try seeing them in person if you can.
I would either buy a cheap tv and accept if will be cheerful: or invest in something like the XH9505.
Thanks well put, I will probably go with the Sony 55XH9505 55" in then, the 65" is sadly too high price for me.

"The Sony X950H is slightly better than the Sony X900H overall. The X950H has better viewing angles, reflection handling, and it delivers a better HDR experience, as it has a better HDR color gamut and it can get brighter. However, the X900H has a higher contrast ratio since it doesn't have the 'X-Wide Angle' layer and it has a lower input lag. Also, the X900H is expected to get VRR and other features related to HDMI 2.1 in a future firmware update."

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom