Help me decide on new 2.1 speakers for my PC

Geege

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I decided to get rid of the clutter on my desk that was my Creative T7900 7.1 speakers but still looking for dedicated speakers, ideally 2.1 set up.

• Must be 2.1 set up a decent subwoofer
  • Excellent bass (just how I like my music)
  • £150 budget (ideally less)
  • AUX / MP3 (for my ipod) would be good
  • Separate control dock for volume / bass levels on the desk would be good

For playing PC games, watching movies (mainly horror) and listening to heavy metal music, using Skype.

What outputs it has is fairly important. My current sound card is a Creative Sound blaster Extreme Audio X-Fi but I would consider upgrading this soon to a better card.

I'm liking the Creative Gigaworks T3 so far and from what I've read it has excellent deep bass, any other suggestions?

I have the Logic 3 Jivebox, which produces excellent sound quality and awesome bass! :)
its mainly a ipod dock is really rather small, but comes with the 3.5mm jack that could be connected to any external device! :)

have you seen my thread; about the logitech z-2300's
they're quality mate, chuffed to bits wiv em ;)

Thanks for everyone's reply. I ended buying the Creative Gigaworks T3 in the end. Excellent sound and I'm very pleased with it. Although the bass does need taming. I've currently got it set to about 40% :D

Hi, I'm looking for the same type of setup with similar price range, was wondering what made you choose the t3 over the Acuoustic Energy?

Not sure really, I liked them both, some of the reviews I saw for the T3 said the bass was very good (although needed taming) and that was important for me for have heavy bass. I also liked the look of them more than the others and I particularly liked the desktop controller (volume spin dial) with AUX IN (for iPod or MP3 player) and another input for headphones (unfortunately no bass dial on this controller, you have to change the bass using the dial on the back of the sub-woofer which is typically under your desktop. I just like my music with lots of bass. Ironically I have the sub-woofer set to about 40% for the bass level as the bass can be overbearing. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom