Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help me decide between a pricejapan z2 or 500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sainthalo, Jan 23, 2004.

?
  1. Panasonic 500

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Sanyo Z2

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. sainthalo

sainthalo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like either of these two projectors an was going to buy the 500 from Germany but having looked at pricejapan I see the yen is weak against the pound and I think I can avoid the VAT because I have a friend in Japan who can forward me the PJ.

I have been planning to get the 500 because it has a scart and vga together with lots of connections. Ofcourse there is no scart on the japanese 500. Does the japanese 500 now have English menu? I notice pricejapan are offering a switched voltage model ideal for the uk.

Looking at the Z2 i like it because it has the lens shift (i will not use this immediately as I am mounting onto a fixed shelf at correct heught but it is a nice feature). Also I notice that the Z2 has side venting which is probably good for shelf mounting (I was going to risk minimal clearance of 10cm on the 500 which was never a good idea...). However I have never seen the back end connections of the z2 japan model and wonder if I will need a convertor. It does have a VGA socket right as my HCPC is dual VGA?

I would be very grateful for your advice chaps!

www.pricejapan.com

Incidentally the price I will probably end up paying will hopefully be about £800 all in which is why I am definitely getting a Japan model. (My friend get an imac for £700 a few weeks back - its twice the price in the UK!)

:smashin:

2. sainthalo

sainthalo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please vote in the poll and post your comments below.

Thank you!

3. sainthalo

sainthalo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0