1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me decide between a pricejapan z2 or 500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sainthalo, Jan 23, 2004.

?
  1. Panasonic 500

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Sanyo Z2

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. sainthalo

sainthalo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like either of these two projectors an was going to buy the 500 from Germany but having looked at pricejapan I see the yen is weak against the pound and I think I can avoid the VAT because I have a friend in Japan who can forward me the PJ.

I have been planning to get the 500 because it has a scart and vga together with lots of connections. Ofcourse there is no scart on the japanese 500. Does the japanese 500 now have English menu? I notice pricejapan are offering a switched voltage model ideal for the uk.

Looking at the Z2 i like it because it has the lens shift (i will not use this immediately as I am mounting onto a fixed shelf at correct heught but it is a nice feature). Also I notice that the Z2 has side venting which is probably good for shelf mounting (I was going to risk minimal clearance of 10cm on the 500 which was never a good idea...). However I have never seen the back end connections of the z2 japan model and wonder if I will need a convertor. It does have a VGA socket right as my HCPC is dual VGA?

I would be very grateful for your advice chaps!

www.pricejapan.com

Incidentally the price I will probably end up paying will hopefully be about £800 all in which is why I am definitely getting a Japan model. (My friend get an imac for £700 a few weeks back - its twice the price in the UK!)

:smashin:

2. sainthalo

sainthalo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please vote in the poll and post your comments below.

Thank you!

3. sainthalo

sainthalo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0