Which PJ shall I import from Japan?

• Panasonic 500

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sanyo Z2

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
S

sainthalo

I would like either of these two projectors an was going to buy the 500 from Germany but having looked at pricejapan I see the yen is weak against the pound and I think I can avoid the VAT because I have a friend in Japan who can forward me the PJ.

I have been planning to get the 500 because it has a scart and vga together with lots of connections. Ofcourse there is no scart on the japanese 500. Does the japanese 500 now have English menu? I notice pricejapan are offering a switched voltage model ideal for the uk.

Looking at the Z2 i like it because it has the lens shift (i will not use this immediately as I am mounting onto a fixed shelf at correct heught but it is a nice feature). Also I notice that the Z2 has side venting which is probably good for shelf mounting (I was going to risk minimal clearance of 10cm on the 500 which was never a good idea...). However I have never seen the back end connections of the z2 japan model and wonder if I will need a convertor. It does have a VGA socket right as my HCPC is dual VGA?

I would be very grateful for your advice chaps!

www.pricejapan.com

Incidentally the price I will probably end up paying will hopefully be about £800 all in which is why I am definitely getting a Japan model. (My friend get an imac for £700 a few weeks back - its twice the price in the UK!)

:smashin:

S

sainthalo

Please vote in the poll and post your comments below.

Thank you!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom