Help me :D - Samsung 350v5c i7 or dell inspiron 15r se i5 3230m?

MINUS28

Standard Member
Reaction score
both retailing at £500.

Samsung 350V5C-A06 Laptop, Intel Core i7 3630qm, 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 15.6”, 720p, intel 4000 graphics

Dell inspiron 15 r se i5 3230m, 2.6ghz, 8gb RAM, 1TB, 2GB ADM RADEON 7730m Graphics card, 1080p, widi.

Really stuck which one to go with. I know the samsung is quad core which in some ways would seem like a no brainer, however the dell has a dedicated graphics card, full hd, widi, etc.

I am also considering whether I should get the same dell but with the i7 3630qm.

Any help and advice would be really appreciated. I just dont know if the i7 is really necessary or worth paying the extra £130 odd? I know its better but if its not going to be noticeable for what i do then would put cash towards something else

I dont use laptop for anything too extensive....downloading, surfing the web, ableton, maybe a little photo editing in the future. Do not game on laptop.

Thanks for any help :)

I would go for the Samsung as i trust that brand more than the Dell

Thanks for the response. I want to go for the samsung as I havent used it for a laptop before but its just the fact that it uses integrated graphics and is 720p that is making me consider the dell. Any thoughts on intel 4000 and 720p? Thanks again for the reply

For day to day use you would be hard pressed to find a difference in picture quality between these two laptops, so the 720P versus 1080P doesn't really make a difference. i would say the same again in the difference between the two sets of graphics

thank you. i think i will go with the samsung. thanks again :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom