1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me correct my Toshiba 28W8DB

Discussion in 'TVs' started by arkham_asylum, Sep 23, 2005.

1. arkham_asylum

arkham_asylum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I've been trying to adjust a few settings in the service menu of the Toshiba 28W8DB. The problem is that I left the tv momentarily (still in the service menu) Thats when my girlfriend came into the room to watch tv, and not knowing what I was up to started to try and change channels and whatnot.
    So without knowing she changed and adjusted almost all the settings to the point that the whole tv looks completely messed up. So I am basically pleading with anyone out there that might give me the basic settings of the tv so that I can sort of fine tune it into a viewable state.

:lease: anyone help!

2. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    Settings for each tv are different as far as i am aware so im not sure if anyone can help you,im afraid you may need to get a technician to have a look :(

3. arkham_asylum

arkham_asylum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Do you know where I can find a online service manual, or any setup info of the Toshiba?

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,937
    I can PM the service manual with info on how to access service mode and default settings if you want.
    The manual is about 8meg..........can your mailbox take it?
    PM me with an email address.

5. arkham_asylum

arkham_asylum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks I have managed to correct the picture settings to almost being perfect.
    Just 2 things wrong.
    1. It seems that the whole picture is slightly rotated / tilted. I cant find a way to adjust it from the service menu. Is there any way?
    2. Don't know how to explain this - The whole picture seems to move in high contrast areas ie. the the darker areas seems to get sucked in so that there are black bars at the side of the TV, and the white areas expand a bit. I have adjusted the width to compensate for this but this does not even work. Does this make sense? How can I adjust it?

Thanks a lot for any help.

6. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,937
    Tilt cannot be adjusted within the service menu........it requires removing the back cover and making an adjustment inside......not really recommended for a D-I-Y'er

It sounds as though the picture is "breathing" and could be a faulty component causing it I'm afraid.

7. zapiy

zapiy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11

Any chance getting this of you please m8?

8. hamster

hamster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Probably just a cheap EHT with poor regulation. You could increase the overscan. Service menu usually does this.