Help me choose

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by greenthumb, Jun 27, 2002.

1. greenthumb

greenthumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi im looking for a dvd player in the 3 to 400 range. I need 5.1 and dts and obviously a good picture. Im also after good cd playback. Something that will sound better than my antique Marantz 52mk2se.
    I was thinking maybe pioneer as I hear they are strong on music reproduction. Im not really interested in dvda as i think by the time there are decent titles available the player will be out of date.
    I also need multiregion capabilities so I suppose Denon is out of bounds.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanx

2. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out the Sony DVPNS900. You'll have to get it modded but you can buy them from Techtronics etc., already done. A DVD player won't be fantastic at CD but this one is pretty good and it does SACD too which is brilliant. As for DVD's, I tested one and it's fantastic. Check out some reviews.

Steve

3. Justin@UH

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93

Although a bit long in the tooth now, the Marantz DVD4100OSE isn`t at all bad for audio reply, and is available for under £350 M/R these days. Or you might want to wait till September for the Pioneer DV656A, which is a stripped down DV747A wit SACD and DVD-A for under £400!

Hope that helps?